Planning for Hollywood Studios w/ 4YO

Hollywood and Vine has had mixed reviews but for that last 3-4 months there have a number of very positive reviews . I think with Mama Melrose you have to be very careful what you order. Some of the entrees are very good. Some, quite frankly, are inedible.

1 Like

We have always taken the break, even if just traveling with adults, even if offsite. We do RD and EMHs, use the TP, resulting in short lines. Rest and swim afternoons when temps are highest and so are crowds.

We have dinner either b4 returning to park, or in park on our return there. The rests allow all of us to enjoy the day more, without any meltdowns either by kiddos or adults.

There are so many fun things to do at disney, that we’ve realized can’t do all of it in one week’s trip, so we choose our faves, and actually get a lot done, without exhaustion.

We’ve always used strollers, even when kiddos are as old as 6. Last trip Dgs was 6, so we waited to see if stroller good idea. Found out he needed most evenings, so we just rented in park, played it by ear, worked out great.

1 Like

BTW, was everyone else able to see @Hkeirsey’s TP? It’s telling me that I’m not allowed to view it.

@Hkeirsey- I’m updating my HS TP probably tomorrow, have to input actual fpps vs the times I was hoping for etc etc.

As soon as that’s done, I’ll share that TP here if you’d like.

1 Like

No, it has not been published.

Oops, I’ll fix it.

I published it. I’ve changed it so many times I don’t know what I have in there.

Great insight!

Thanks!! I would love that and I published my plan lol. Sorry!

@Hkeirsey- no sorries needed. I just recently learned how to send links, haha. The only computer savvy I have is doing TPs and taxes, but at least that’s something.

Disney World Touring Plans. Well, this is what I’ve come up with so far. May do some tweaking later, but maybe not, I usually leave it once it gets to this stage.

Could only get SDD for the evening so no chance for extra fpps, but worth it, with that ride so hard to avoid lines for.

Made a note at top of plan, that we’re RDing TSL. According to trip reports, folks have had good luck getting on SDD and AS2, as well as TSMM with very short waits.

Traveling with large group (9) this year, so that’s skewed a few fpps and adrs, that’s ok. 4 kiddos in party, 8-8-7-6. It’s going to be a blasty blast!

I can’t open it lol.
I’ve tweaked some on mine and feel a little better. And y’all have convinced me on H&V, but I can’t decide on which meal to do. Kinda worried about doing breakfast. We aren’t morning people, at least me and my DS LOL. However if it’s going to make our day a lot better, that would motivate me.
I also am over 2 months from picking my FPP so this is probably all for nothing. Also, the fantasmic pkgs aren’t open yet for March.

Well. Tried just now and got an 810 am H&V for the first Fantasmic show! Should I keep it lol.

Is the park opening at 9:00? Were you hoping to do Jedi Training?

Ok, I see Jedi Training on your plan. That ADR will allow you to sign up for any show you want. You may be behind the crowd for TSL but you will have Fantasmic and Jedi.

Yes. The park opens at 9:00. So I’m trying to update my plan now. TP wants to put the reservation at the bottom of the plan for some reason.

I see it in your plan? When you go to a Hollywood and a Vine you should be able to sign up for a Jedi before you go into the restaurant.

It’s there now. So what should I expect as far as TSL? TP suggests doing Mickey first then TSL. Do I just go after the best morning FPP that I can get and rearrange the rest accordingly? Also, crowd level is a ‘4.’ What does that mean

as far as lines, etc. and how realistic the wait times are? Also where do we go to sign up for the Jedi training?

I would wait until January when TP has more TSL data.

Ok. Makes sense. What about Jedi? Do you sign up where the show is, so just go there first?

There should be a sign up area right near Hollywood and Vine. You can sign up before breakfast and pick any show.

Thanks!! I think I am finally “done” for now with this one until I can get my FPP. On to other days lol. I was mainly just stressed about the dining reservation not working. I really appreciate all the great advice!!!

1 Like