Planning for Early Entry

I just tried to see since I’m going Sunday and no it does not. I’m assuming it just means day of I’ll get a link for saying the park opened early and then I can re-optimize at that point

Edit: from the fine print it looks like they are going to collect that data from people go now and click that button to maybe help with that feature?

Yeah, it sure would be nice to plan for that ahead of time. (hence, this post). I might end up with two plans for each day - one without my planned early rides, and one with them, to optimize day-of.
That’s a lot of plans!

If you want to do 7DMT you need to make sure to be there as soon as they let people in. We had planned on riding it first, but had an issue with transportation (and family members who did not understand that leaving five minutes late would set us back by twenty minutes…) and got there a bit later. The line was already sooooo long, I knew we would spend the whole time in that line and then later have to wait in lines for the other attractions. So we aborted mission while looking for the end of the line and headed to the next rides on our list. We did Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Pirates, and were in line for Jungle Cruise by the official park opening- even with the late start. So I guess my advice is plan on starting at 7DMT but be prepared to change it up if you get there and the line is already an hour long. Have plans b and c ready. I just had a written list of what we wanted to do in the morning, I didn’t even make a TP for it, and then in line for JC at official park opening was just enough time to go into my actual touring plan and mark things as “done” and re-optimize.

2 Likes

This is great information. Do you happen to recall if the carousel, adventures of pooh or small world were open prior to park opening? Looking for alternatives for younger kids in my group while the older ones try to go on 7DMT.

I don’t recall, sorry. If no one else chimes in, I’d check the Disney or TP app prior to park open on a comparable day and see if any waiting times display. That’s what I did to figure out what my pre-official opening time plans would be. I

2 Likes

You can now start your touring plan up to 45 minutes early instead of 30.

3 Likes

I planned to post on this very topic…

Seems the only way to plan a “rope drop” ride is to estimate a break at the start of the day.

Len Testa… you’d think this would be a doable fix: Ask people if they plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before rope drop, and base the first ride calculations around that.

It would be nice to actually have an estimate of, “if I arrive at AK 30 minutes before rope drop, what would be a fair estimate for completing FOP” … etc.

Ooh! Look at the link that @bebe80 posted, above. Since I asked this question, the SW has been updated to do exactly that.
Happy Planning!

Is there an estimate someone could give regarding the best time to leave AoA and get to the parks for the early entry?
I understand that they are opening before official park times. So, from AoA using resort transportation, should we assume leave an hour before posted opening? Hour +1/2? 2 hours?