Planning first trip: Do you have to eat your QS meal where you purchase it?

Exactly as the title: I have never been to WDW and have had the position of Trip Planner foisted upon me. If not for COVID, we would enjoy indoor TS/QS, but requiring outdoor seating (have a DS6) removes most TS choices from the list. (Also, having a pescatarian partner and picky child further limit our choices.) I know eating TS as take-away is out of the question, but what about the indoor QS options? Can we order food at QS locations and find open outdoor seating elsewhere? Do any parks make this option impractical, such as is there even open outdoor seating available around the park?

Specifically, I am looking at these examples, but also would like input from all you veteran park-goers in general assessment of the practice in the parks:
-Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT
-Columbia Harbor House in MK

We are THAT family that stands around in an existential crisis, frantically looking at our map every time we have to make on-the-fly decisions, so the more info I have to put onto my touring plan, the better!

2 Likes

There are several TS To-Go options now: Sanaa @AKL, Three Bridges @CSR, Olivia’s @OKW, Kona Cafe @Poly, Geyser Point @WL, Ale & Compass @YC. As far as QS you can take your tray anywhere in the park and eat. I’ve seen ppl w/ trays in the grassy areas in front of Cindy’s Castle.

3 Likes

For the TS To-Go (specifically Sanaa), are you allowed to drive on property to pick up? I had eliminated this as an option because I was unsure what the current policy for mobile order pick-up is vs how non-hotel guest parking is currently enforced…I have seen reports of people being turned away. Is this still the case or how do you let parking enforcement know in an effective manner?

We are booked at Poly so nice to know about Kona Café!

1 Like

You are correct that some ppl have been turned away. However, if you tell the guard, “Hey, we’re staying at the Poly but just made a To-Go order at Sanaa” They should let you in.

Heck we got into OKW w/o any res b/c I needed to return a butter knife that accidently came home w/ us :grimacing::laughing: Being honest w/ guards helps???

3 Likes

I think staying on Disney property will help you get into other properties

1 Like

The closest spot for Sunshine Seasons is sitting on the ledges on the ramp outside the building. It’s not necessarily a good spot though, as there will be a lot of people walking back and forth. The rest of the park would be a ledge, or top of a trash can someplace. There really aren’t tables set up unless it’s Food and Wine, or some type of festival. There’s a lovely spot in UK pavilion behind the building where there are benches. The American Garden theater was a good spot for me to down a Lobster Roll, but this was last year when there weren’t many shows.

1 Like

Oh… we brought our Kingle Bakery items into Akershus Royal Banquet Hall to eat . At the time it was being used as a relaxation station.

For CHH you can sit outside practically right next door at Liberty Square Market or you could walk over to the outdoor seating at Pinocchio Village Haus.

2 Likes

I had zero issues going to pick up a Sanaa to-go order (bread service!) in April.

2 Likes

What if we took the bus from AK park to the Lodge…is there a place outside to eat a Sanaa To-Go order?

Thanks, also, for all the info!

I am not familiar enough to answer this. I’ll tag @ninjasherrie @OBNurseNH @PrincipalTinker who talk about the AKL fondly.

1 Like

I would think you could eat by the pool but there are overlooks, with chairs just off the lobby that should work.

2 Likes

Those are my only two thoughts too, and I don’t particularly care for either.

2 Likes

I’m not as familiar with Kidani, but I would think that there would be tables by the pool.
There’s definitely outdoor tables and chairs at the main building though.

2 Likes

Can you get into the pool area w/o a MB proving you’re a resort guest?

I’ve never had to use my band at either pool.

3 Likes

Yes, you should have complete access.

If you can get to Jambo there should be tables outside of the Mara.

2 Likes

Thank you all! @ninjasherrie @PrincipalTinker @OBNurseNH. I hope this helps @hkat33

1 Like

@hkat33 About halfway up the ramp to the Land Pavilion, there’s a seating area inside the middle of the garden area of the walkway. It’s brick, like the ledges along the sides, but it’s available for seating.

1 Like

Is in room dining available at the Poly again now that 'Ohana is open again? If so, check out the twilight feast.

1 Like