Planning EP new posts 32+ (as I fine tune based on Liner helps!)

Less than an hour after commenting on the forum how I have a res finder for one!

BUT -
It’s for 8:30AM.
Is this too late? Will we actually end up behind RD people for FEA?

2 Likes

You can keep trying to move it earlier, but you should be able to enter the park at 7:45am. Go straight to akershus and they should start you right away. Let your server know you are heading to FEA right after and they should make sure you get your bill right away so you can leave when you’re done.

Even doing all this, you’ve got to eat quickly to make it out before RD. Don’t rush too much and not enjoy the experience.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you.
I think I’ll restart the res finder.
It’s a pretty penny for 5 of us to race through the meal.

For what it’s worth, we rope dropped FEA a few weeks ago from the main entrance to Epcot with no problem at all. We were a good fifteen rows of people back from the actual rope and were still in the very first boat for FEA. Everyone headed to test track instead. We could have ridden twice without a wait, but chose to go to Kringla bakery rather than a second ride.

For timing purposes, we left Pop around 8, got to Epcot around 8:30 and still had no trouble rope dropping FEA. Personally, I don’t think you need to drop money on an expensive rushed meal unless you want the expensive rushed meal.

2 Likes

This is helpful. Very helpful.
I’m mostly thinking of my mom and asking her to do the RD hustle… but that would be the only hustle of the day and she’s a young 71…

1 Like

I rope dropped it with my two 8 year olds who are not the fastest walkers. Honestly, FEA was dead first thing. I wouldn’t stress it.

Fwiw, we were also able to get Soarin’ twice as a SDFP.

1 Like

This is also a good point. On all but the busiest days, FEA line stays fairly low until after 10am since World Showcase doesn’t officially open until 11.

1 Like

Were you there during Dorian? :grimacing:

Do you have actual interest in Akershus? Or do you just want the ride advantage?

In early August we did FEA standby after rope dropping TT and it was still a minimal wait. If we were to do Akershus I would choose a time we could relax and enjoy it.

2 Likes

This trip, I just want the ride advantage. We’ve eaten there twice and had decent experiences, but I don’t have much for rewards money this time around.

Then I wouldn’t bother. Too much money to save 10 minutes.

4 Likes

It was the Friday before Dorian. Day two of food and wine. We went straight to FEA, then looked in the shop a bit, then ate a tasty and leisurely breakfast at Kringla bakery. FEA still had a short line after our breakfast.

1 Like

It was more for my mom to have a leisurely walk, but it sounds like maybe that’s not a problem. :+1:

2 Likes

Spend that money at Trattoria al Forno…because Flynn Rider!! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

We do have that one for our last day.
Rapunzel is my favorite princess.

2 Likes

I also have Storybook Dining one evening. I don’t really need another princess meal…
Though my sister will miss both of these as they are after she leaves…

But do you really need to spend that much money on a rushed princess meal just so your sister has one?

1 Like

Nope. And there are other solutions.
And I got her a Oga solo res. :+1:.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got your plan!!

1 Like