Planner problems

I almost missed a vet appointment because I was fiddling with our ADRs and my Google calendar was set to the wrong time zone.

What ridiculousness have you gotten up to because of trip planning?

5 Likes

I once delayed the carpool pick-up line because I received a text from the touring plans reservation finder that they had found my 6:00pm 'Ohana reservation. Didn’t feel like I could delay in nabbing that, much to the dismay of all of the cars behind me.

9 Likes

Kept my kids up 90 minutes past their bedtime the other night fiddling with TPs. Walked out of meeting to grab a ADR from the reservation finder.

@Gnatjo - that is hilarious. At our school, you would have been shamed on social media :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve definitely left a meeting to grab an ADR as well! You never know when that alert is going to come across!

6 Likes

I’m honestly surprised they did not call the cops on me (or maybe they did and I was already gone by the time they got there!). I’m anti-phone while driving, so clearly the responsible thing to do in that moment was to remain at a stop until I could log-in and nab the reservation. However, a two minute delay in the carpool pick-up line is like hours. I probably deserved some public shaming!

4 Likes

Did you get the Adr?

2 Likes

I’m a teacher - last year I was literally teaching students and had just asked the class a question. Told them to take a minute to think about their response… secretly I used that minute to claim and ADR my the reservation finder has just texted me about.

17 Likes

My fp window opened the day I was in hospital having surgery. I refused the painkillers they wanted me to take until I had them booked because they were supposed to help me sleep :joy:

12 Likes

And last night picked up kids late from day camp as I pulled off the road to nab an ADR right when the text came through. I live in a rural area so finding a place to stop was a little interesting, but the DD7 shall have her breakfast with Goofy. :smile:

That finder is the best little widget of technology ever.

5 Likes

Heck yeah I did!

1 Like