Pizzafari Hype?

I haven’t had pizza at WDW except Pizza Planet, which tasted not much different than the pizza I used to get on Pizza day for hot lunch in elementary school.

My wife and I were contemplating Via Napoli…but I hear mixed reviews. Some love it. Some not so much. On a spectrum of pizza, would it be closer to Little Caesars or Giordano’s? And be objective about it. :wink:

My kids loved the pizza at Via.

Now they don’t like much. They are very plain Jane.

But we tried a bite or two and it was pretty darned good. A million notches above these other places in WDW we are discussing

Little Caesar’s does not belong on the good pizza spectrum.
tenor%20(3)
Via napoli is good pizza. I’ve heard that the other food there can be so-so.

1 Like

Yes.

They are inconsistent. We have Little Caesars every Sunday after church. But one of the locations we buy from, the taste is far better than the other. For example, one location uses oil in the pan, the other corn meal. The former is far better. But, we would never call it great pizza. It is cheap. $5 for a large when you have so many kids is great. But LC is orders of magnitude better than Domino’s Pizza.

Still, I would put Papa Papalis and Giordano’s at the top end of pizza places I have tried.

2 Likes

Ok so your taste buds do work.

Good.

1 Like

Only one day a week. :wink:

1 Like

(whistles nonchalantly)

@BearsMom2011 has been there, also too.

2 Likes

We would only go for the pizza.

Okay. Good. I trust your opinion on this. Seems legit. Like you know a thing or two.

Deep dish is garbage which should only be thrown from the window of a moving car, preferably at one of the few remaining H2s I see around town.

Tomorrow I may get myself a Granny Smith from 900 degrees. It is a distant cousin to the Washington Carver.

Okay, okay, what’s better? A medium amount of good pizza? Or all you can eat of pretty good pizza?

Hmm. Cici’s Pizza had all you can eat. But the pizza was mediocre. We only went a couple times and never went back. Does that answer your question?

No place which has all-you-can-eat pizza is “good.” It’s the equivalent of sitting at home, alone, in the dark, getting blitzed on bottom-shelf vodka, when one just hopes for mental, possibly literal, blindness.

We have Aurelio’ s around here that some have lunch buffets. It’s good pizza. Not the best pizza, but definitely not little Caesar’s.

Aside from my loathing of deep dish, I’m pretty much whatever works for you when it comes to pizza. In fact, it was the place to which @OBNurseNH refers which shredded any doctrinaire feelings I had about what is and isn’t pizza. It’s vaguely thin (though not Neapolitan thin), but that’s about all one can say. Most of the pies are things I’ve never seen anywhere else. But they’re made with serious care and a total lack of pretension. Add in an outstanding drink menu, excellent staff, and the absolute best vibe for fifty miles around and that’s all I ever need. Which is miles better than some grim-faced Brooklyn hipster haranguing me about how anything outside of the Pizza Napolitana DOC is basest heresy.

1 Like

Yes.

Also true

I just looked up pizzafari so I could see what it looks like. My opinion from the pictures is “It’s not delivery, it’s Digiorno”

2 Likes

Nah. Digiorno will do in a pinch at home.

OP - I’m so so sorry. We have hijacked the heck out of this thread which started with an honest, very innocent question.

If you haven’t figured out what we’re trying to say… skip it :wink:

1 Like