Pirates and Pals

Anyone been to Pirates and Pals? Is it worth the cost? The more that I watch youtube videos, the less I am inclined to book it.

1 Like

Curious too

Anyone? lol… I just heard about this and was also thinking about doing it in January. We have never stayed for the fireworks and are determined to see them this time, but I’m not very excited about trying to find a place in the park with wall-to-wall people and then the mad rush to get to the busses when it’s over.

My sons will be 16 and turning 19 (bday on the day we would do this!) so I’m wondering if this is something too geared to families with younger kids?? Would it be appropriate for us? I’m concerned that my kids will think it’s “dumb” and “just for little kids” and “MOM why did you BOOK THIS??” :roll_eyes:

I haven’t done it but I’d like to know alternatives to the crowds and dessert party. From what I understand, you cannot see the projections on the cruise so if that’s important, skip it.

1 Like

It’s been a couple of years since I did it, but our family loved it. My kids would have been 5 & 8 at the time. It was geared toward younger kids, but my wife and I had a blast on it. Obviously, you can’t see the projections on the castle, but they do pipe in the music on the boat and the view of the fireworks was amazing. It includes a number of desert options and some drinks, plus character M&G prior to the cruise (assuming the format hasn’t changed). It isn’t something I would do on every trip by any means, but it was something special we did with our kids and to celebrate an anniversary and it was great for that. As for older kids/adults, if you enjoy groan-worthy pirate humor and puns, then you’ll have a blast.

1 Like

Well, we’re doing it in November so I’ll report back then! (But it’ll be two childless grownups so…)

1 Like

We went 5 years ago with DD then 7 and DS then 4. They loved it and enjoyed seeing the characters (captain hook and smee were fun). They especially loved Peter Pan meeting the boat when you returned (as they were dressed up as peter and the pirate ferry). However I thought the room at the contemporary was really lacking any atmosphere at all and the snacks were very average. The pirate on the boat was quite entertaining but it was cold and the fireworks view wasn’t amazing