Pick our Evening Entertainment

We have 2 evenings for fireworks shows on our next trip and park hoppers. We have not seen Fantasmic, Enchantment, or Harmonious. What should we do?

If it matters, day 1 will be at AK, hopping around 6 pm assuming we got to do FOP at RD. Day 2 will be HS so I was leaning towards staying for Fantasmic.

2 Likes

Skip Enchantment. As @sanstitre_has_left_the_building says “it’s trash”. And he’s not wrong. My vote is harmonious and Fantasmic.

9 Likes

I’ve kept this to myself, but Enchantment is trash.

That being said . . . how many Cinderella Castle shows have you seen? I think Enchantment is trash because I love love loved HEA and, by comparison, Enchantment is trash. But, in absolute terms, if you’ve never seen an MK nighttime show, it’s awesome.

11 Likes

But also, how many tacos and stargate projections have they seen?

3 Likes

I think the gist is if you’ve ever seen MK fireworks these are not the best and Harmonious is better but if not, it’s a neat thing with the castle projections

Fantasmic is a no brainer

4 Likes

Oh. Yes. In my head I was comparing choosing Enchantment vs Fantasmic.

I took it as read that Harmonious is one of the two choices. Only a crazy person would not pick it.

4 Likes

Harmonious is my fave of the three too but I haven’t seen the newest incarnation of Fanstasmic and I love the one at DLR so if it’s more like that it bumps way up.

1 Like

@gingerSnaps543222 That’s what we were leaning towards. I figured if I ended up only getting to see one show via my computer screen, I should choose to watch Enchantment at home and Harmonious in person.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building I saw HEA and OUAT on our last visit and loved them.

Not sure I get this reference.

3 Likes

The things on the outside look like tacos and the thing in the middle stargate like from the movie/shows

7 Likes

And def if you’ve seen those other shows like HEA I think you’ll be disappointed by Enchantment. It’s just meh as far as music and heartstrings and story.

1 Like

Fantasmic and Enchantment

1 Like

I would pick Harmonious and Fantasmic. I would be afraid that whatever replaces Harmonious won’t be as unique. Enchantment is just another firework show.

2 Likes

When are you going?

Haha! Of course!

@mikejs78 In January. So it’s my only chance to see Enchantment. I can’t remember what’s been announced about Harmonious. At the moment we’re thinking we’ll do a yearly 2 day trip of MK + 1 other park but this trip with grandparents in tow is the best way to guarantee an evening show.

3 Likes

Harmonious is also getting the axe " Is Harmonious at EPCOT ending?

On September 11, 2022 at D23 2022, it was announced that Harmonious would be replaced with another nighttime spectacular in 2023 during Disney’s 100th anniversary"

1 Like

Oh man! WDW’s 50th and Disney’s 100th back to back! And wasn’t Mickey’s 90th just a few years ago?

3 Likes

There’s always a reason to celebrate at Disney!

1 Like

So I would say see Enchantment and Harmonious- since they both will be going away at the end of March. Fantasmic will still be there the next time you go. If you are committed to seeing Fantasmic, I’d see Fantasmic and Harmonious.

3 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

I concur with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building take on Enchantment. I thought it was slow and I couldn’t get into it. With that said, my SIL and MIL both loved it and cried. Weirdos.

4 Likes