Photos of the new and refurbed rooms at GFV

Disney have released photos of both the new studios and also the refurbed villas.

I like them. Except for my bug bear. The all glass shower cubicles which are transparent. So no one else can use the vanity while someone is showering. Why doesn’t Disney think about privacy? :rage:

1 Like

I’m trying really hard to figure out if this is an autocorrect?

I HATE all glass showers in hotels! I shared a hotel room with 6 girls during a bachelorette party once and the glass shower situation nearly did us all in.

2 Likes

Me too. I read it three times.

Must be a British phrase us Americans wouldn’t know

2 Likes

Oh that makes more sense. Like pet peeve.

1 Like

Well done, you got it!

2 Likes

I’m like at least 1/32 Scottish!

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

All I could come up with was “bugaboo” that got corrected.

Are the new GF bathrooms the same? We stayed in the GF villas in April and didn’t love that the sink and toilet were in different rooms separated by sliding pocket door. Maybe I’m crazy but hands should be washed before touching a door handle. Polynesian villas have a better bathroom set up.

1 Like

Anyone have a link?

We found the same in many of the villas and hotel rooms.

Beach Club hotel rooms, for example, had the tub and toilet together with a door, and then the vanity in the “open” part of the bathroom. And walk throughs of a lot of resort rooms in the value or moderates show the main vanity area, with a shower or tub on one side and a toilet on the other.
Really weird to me. And gross.

1 Like

Many public multi-user restrooms are like this: individual stalls with doors you have to open to get to the sink. Not much difference from all the hotel bathrooms with sinks outside the toilet/tub/shower room.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1443612454693580803?s=20

1 Like

The new ones don’t have kitchenettes right?

For glass showers I let the shower steam up and then I don’t care. But my now modest 11 yo certainly does care!

I did hear that. That they are called something othe rthan deluxe studio because they don’t have kitchenette

1 Like

Yep, they’re “resort studios” and just have a beverage station according to some posts I’ve seen. Not sure where they’re seeing that though.

2 Likes

Thank you for the link. Super helpful

I like it better than the old rooms, but it’s still not my style. Too hoity-toity. I’d feel like I have to wear silk pajamas and a robe with slippers.

1 Like

I like the new studios a lot. But I am comfortable being in the hoity, without feeling like I need to be toity. Plus there is a lot I like about the Grand Flo.

But I am so confused by the 1 bedrooms. It looks like Burberry and my grandmother’s interior decorating from 1991 (she lived in FL) had a baby.

2 Likes

Ok I finally got a chance to look at these and holy cow they are magnificent :heart_eyes: