Photo of the day

Here are a few of the rides I miss. If you had wings is now Buzz Lightyear. I actually don’t miss the 20,000 Leagues ride, it was super hard to get in and out, hot and close. The last pic is on the sky ride in MK, you could travel from Tomorrow Land to Fantasy Land. These pics are from early’80s.

12 Likes

Sky line was Great! I agree 20,000 was hot and cramped but still cool

2 Likes

Is this you in the early 80s?

I would have been there once when the sky ride was there (it closed in 1994 if what I just read was correct), but I cannot remember it. I have a hard time imagining how it looked running across there, but it’s an interesting part of the history.

I remember reading on this forum that teenagers used to spit off of it. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

Yes they did. I was a victim and complained to GS about it. It was sooooo gross :nauseated_face:

That’s teenage me!

Edited to add, I never spit off the ride lol

4 Likes

Well, glad you didn’t spit! Haha. Love the photo. Nice, carefree 80s :grin:

What’s the boat thing there? Just a neat display? I’ve never seen anything like it.

1 Like

That’s 20,000 Leagues. You actually went down a ladder into the sub/boat and cruised around looking at scenes underwater, although only the bottom of the sub was submerged

3 Likes

I’ve heard of that ride but had no idea it did that! I now also mourn the loss of it.

2 Likes

That’s what ruined MK for me when I was 6 :rofl:

3 Likes

Meaning it scared you?

1 Like

Yes. I don’t think I rode anything indoors after that. I vividly remember melting down and refusing to ride Peter Pan and our only ride photos are IASW and outdoor rides like tea cups and dumbo.

2 Likes

If you go to Disneyland, you can go on the Finding Nemo ride, which is a retheming of what was originally known as the Submarine Voyage. The WDW version, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: A Submarine Voyage was built for WDW but with the movie theme.

4 Likes

thank you :laughing:

1 Like

Very cool!!

1 Like

Oh wow :rofl:

1 Like

It’s still very claustrophobic and you go down a very narrow circular staircase. It’s not my favorite ride. On hot days, it smells like sweaty people.

3 Likes

At a conference for work. Surreptitiously looking at Disney photos on my phone. :joy:

DL fireworks! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Gorgeous! Wish I was there watching. Definitely better than work stuff :rofl:

2 Likes

Got this yesterday. I love it!

12 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes