Photo ideas from Epcot

Hi All- enjoying being a Liner for sure! 64 days out and I’m looking for ideas. I bought a new camera - and I’m desperately trying to become proficient at it before our trip. Anyway - I have it in my head that I want to take a series of pictures from Epcot to hang in our kitchen. I was thinking along the lines of all of the doors/entryways in the countries of WS. Or something else that each country has, but is different in each country. Am I making sense? Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks!

2 Likes

Great idea! I think the trick will be finding something that exists in each country they you can catch without getting people in the shot. Maybe focus in on one small architectural?

I read a blog post once about the unique bathroom signs in each Epcot country. Maybe there’s something food or restaurant related that would look good in a kitchen?

2 Likes

I think I’m following what you’re asking. What a cool creative idea! I can’t really help answer your question specifically but I’m sure you’ll find some awesome things to photograph. Would love to hear how it turns out.

1 Like

@SallyEppcot - now I have to re-do my bathroom with signs from Epcot! That would be cool too!

1 Like

great ideas! why don’t you stalk Instagram? I"m sure you’ll get some great ideas. @MrTomMorrow actually has some great photos from around the parks, especially EPCOT.

Food and beverages are always a fun subject, particularly if you are planning to hang the pictures in a place where food and beverages are displayed. If you’re grabbing snacks or drinks anywhere in World Showcase, then try to photograph them with something interesting in the background. The other people you’re traveling with may think you’re crazy while you’re “posing” your food and drink and you may have to find creative ways to block out people walking past, but you may get some good results.

Play around with your camera settings before you leave to make sure you won’t have to think a whole lot about how to focus, use the flash, and change other settings you may way to use. If your camera has an “aperture priority” setting, then try that out, then see the difference between using the small and large aperture settings. Some people get a little worried hearing a term like “aperture”, but you’re basically setting whether or not you want the background in focus or you want the background a little blurry (to draw attention to the subject that is in focus). If you experiment with that at home, then some more in the parks, you’ll probably come up with a couple shots you like on your trip.

2 Likes