PharmerGirls Trip Report!

They serve “breakfast” as late as 12:15.
And if you like fish the sole there at dinner is amazing.

2 Likes

I am sadly home but will finish up the report!

After Splash I was going to ride Big Thunder but ended up bailing. I felt a little sick so naturally needed a Kakamora Float to feel better.

Saw some lovely ladies on my way out…

This is where I am going to be honest that I broke a Disney rule. Retain your judgement for another day :grimacing:

I really wanted to hop to Epcot & didn’t want to wait until 2pm. So I found an alternate method of entry that I am not posting publicly.

I originally planned to take the monorail as it was supposed to be open at 10am (this was at 10:45). However it was not & the CM at the monorail did not know when it would be. So I took a bus to Beach Club. I stopped to buy water at the Marketplace & found the hat I had been hunting for!

I then walked to Epcot for job #1: get friend her secret present!

She is Belle obsessed & was drooling over this bag the night before. She didn’t pull the trigger because it was $198. I had no way to sneak it home with me that night but knew she had to have it as a post-donation surgery gift. I snagged the absolute last one they had! Her husband is going to give it to her post-op next month for me :sob:

With her gift secured I decided to take a short jaunt through Epcot. I rode Soarin’ with a 10 minute wait & walked onto LwtL. Then it was time to go.

I took the Skyliner back to Pop, got my bags, ate some lunch, and got a Lyft to the airport.

My flight home was interesting again, but I was home by 9:30 and got to snuggle my kids for the first time in a few days.

Dealing with blister aftermath today & feeling tired.

Step total:
Day 1- 25k
Day 2- 27k
Day 3- 18k

Calories consumed: “the limit does not exist” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

25 Likes

That’s a beautiful gift for your friend! Prayers that the surgery goes smoothly.

5 Likes

5 Likes

The bag is so cute!! I’m intrigued by your secret method of entering Epcot but I’m hoping by next summer I can hop whenever I so desire.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery for your friend and her child.

4 Likes

Ditto.

3 Likes

It requires access to multiple tickets, so not feasible for most.

4 Likes

That’s no secret then. That’s just a hella expensive way to get it done.

3 Likes

Right. I have access to 2 APs. Just trying not to blast it all over the internet since it’s not really a reasonable option most of the time. I only did it this time because of the purse.

5 Likes

You are a really sweet friend!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

2 Likes

Sounds like it was a perfect girls weekend! Thanks for your report and best wishes to your friend and her child.

2 Likes

I don’t remember how old my son was at the time, I’m guessing around 10. He had no idea what the ride was about, he loved dinosaurs though so I thought it would be great. I don’t think we had been on it either, so I had no knowledge of the scare factor. He didn’t cry, but man did it scar him. He’s 25 now and still won’t go on it.

1 Like

My son was 3 the first time and was SO mad at his dad, calling him a “Liar! and it WAS too scary!!!” He loves it now and all thrill rides. But he is not a Disney fan, says it’s dull and prefers Universal.

2 Likes

Last time we did an extended family trip, I said to my sis that my nieces couldn’t ride it (my nephew was too short so DBIL wasn’t riding anyway and could have stayed with them). She wouldn’t listen to me that it was loud and rough and would scare them. The 4yo was traumatised and the 7yo cried the whole way through and until a CM in the gift shop let her choose a pin for free.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking us along on your trip! Love and prayers to your friend and her family for a successful, uneventful surgery and quick easy recoveries.

1 Like

@boilermom!! How are you!? We met at the 4th of July HEA fireworks in a monsoon pre-Covid! I recognize your profile photo from that night! Thanks for sharing a great trip report and hope all is well with your friend.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about our meet! It was a monsoon for sure. So fun to meet another Liner that night. You were kind enough to let me crash your party :slight_smile: Have you traveled recently?

Just to clarify- I understand that people might go on rides and they are scarier than they expected. But there were multiple families threatening kids with punishment (I’m going to cancel your cheerleading, I’m going to change our flight and we will go home today, I’m taking your new stuffy away, etc) & forcing them onto riding Dinosaur when their children were clearly petrified before even entering the queue. If your kiddo is sobbing through the pre-show, you should read the room & take them out.

11 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip report and photos with us! So glad you got to spend this special time with your friend. Best wishes to her and her family. :heart:

1 Like