Personal Realizations about WDW

Don’t try to replicate a specific past experience. Create new ones.

23 Likes

Ooh! That’s a good one!

1 Like

I realize that I absolutely do not tolerate the heat very well and that it completely zaps my energy ever since I turned 40.

11 Likes

On my trip in April, I realized that I must look my age as every time I boarded a bus that was standing room only, I would be guiding my 3 year old granddaughter down the aisle and each time , someone offered me their seat. Some very polite guests in WDW this trip.

13 Likes

I’m gulp late 50s now - on a trip about 8 years ago the heat just knocked me for a loop, could not drink enough to catch up. I started using Nuun electrolyte powder in my water bottle from first thing in the morning and it really helps a lot.

Also helps at home during gardening marathons.

12 Likes

That’s some Top Ten advice right there.

5 Likes

You should join the Fab Four next time.

Ooooohhhhhhh.

7 Likes

I’ve realized that I need solo time in the parks as much as I need solo time at home. I need to do more of that.

15 Likes

Talk to a CM. They can often help with this. Slowing the ride or alternate entrance. Even if you don’t have DAS or an ECV they still want guests to feel safe and have fun.

5 Likes

This is SO true!

5 Likes

@JJT I still recall my first Smart water - at WDW, specifically Capt Cooks. Now use a liquid electrolyte additive; way cheaper and what a game changer. Also used to get Sport Beans (electrolyte & energy) for all day karate tournaments - spectating is such hard work. :wink:
I don’t know why the Sport Beans help make the arthritis ache subside, just glad they do.

@mathhound, yes to CMs for alternative entrances! Very helpful at Star Tours. Need to remember to ask at Toy Story Mania.

6 Likes

[Dr. Rick Book & Commercials | Progressive](Dr Rick book)

Not the same one in the picture, but they actually made one.

2 Likes

That’s how I am now I almost always have a car and love to figure out how to get from A to B
We just stayed at Riverside and I found a ‘back way’ in which one can avoide that big mess over going towards Disney Springs

3 Likes

Realized I am probably way more nervous than my kids about them riding things for the first time :joy: On TT, I put my son next to me in the middle seat thinking that would shield him from craziness if it got too fast, but then found out too late to change plans that it is just a lap belt (not a shoulder strap too)… I spent the whole ride with the “mom arm” over him as the shoulder strap. But we had a blast!!

5 Likes

Could not have been a more obvious setup: My daughter asked why HM starts and stops so much and I made an eye rolly comment about some people having trouble getting on and off the moving walkways.
Cut to me stepping on my long skirt as I went to get in and scraping many layers of skin off of my arm against the back (pretty sure it is painted with some kind of ground glass and razor blade accretion) as I landed in the seat.
For the record, the ride was not interrupted but I now have a possibly permanent scar to remind me not to be so smug and impatient.

9 Likes

Love this: (pretty sure it is painted with some kind of ground glass and razor blade accretion)

Another thing to change as we age: wardrobe choices! :blush:

4 Likes

I am looking 50 in the face, I realize my post makes me look barely 40. I use electrolyte supplements, but I realize I should probably use them way more agressively because I struggle. I will try the Nuun tabs!

2 Likes

I love Nuun. It definitely makes a difference in how well my body holds onto the water I give it.

2 Likes

I definitely hit walls during my October and January trips that I never hit before, even when we were there in 2018. My brain forgets that my body is 54yo.

3 Likes
  • I have realized I can no longer do Expedition Everest 7 times in a row. I used to not be phased by any attraction.

• I have realized I can barely make it through Mission to Mars Orange anymore. I think I am just about to pass out during the launch.

• I have realized my hearing is more important than Dinosaur. I now plug my ears when riding…it is so loud.

• I have realized that I do not need to be in charge of the family TP anymore. Was great to have DD and DS taking the baton and controlling the activities earlier this year, I was just a passenger enjoying the ride.

12 Likes