Personal Realizations about WDW

On my last trip, I realized I no longer have the flexibility to climb on/off the horses on the carousel. Especially the tall ones. :rofl:
What you got?

23 Likes

I’ve officially become my dad and enjoy talking about how to drive around property almost as much as visiting the places we’re driving. :man_facepalming:

24 Likes

I have been finding it more difficult to step down into the boats on Pirates, FEA, JC, iasw, without losing my balance.

17 Likes

WDW really is gigantic and it always takes way longer to get anywhere than I expect. All these trips over all these years and there’s always times I’m late or rushing around bc I just can’t get a grasp on it.

15 Likes

I can NO longer put in 20K+ steps in a day, nor do I want to.

13 Likes

Moving walkways - Haunted Mansion, SpaceShip Earth, Buzz - too problematic to counter ride enjoyment/serotonin.

I can still ride Tea Cups leaning back and watching the ceiling go around* and navigate my way to the gate. Life is good. :sunglasses::wink::blush:

*have a great video of this from December 2020 trip. :grin:

12 Likes

No trip will ever be as good as that first one. They’re all fantastic, don’t get me wrong, but nothing will ever beat seeing it all for the first time.

11 Likes

That’s me as well, minus the teacups. I get a sick headache just thinking about it.

5 Likes

On my most recent trip I learned that I can slow down if I have a LL reservation for the first hour the park is open. I can even stop and get a quick breakfast.

12 Likes

Shocking! :scream: :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve realized I have a lot of regret about not doing some things better as a young adult to make more WDW trips more financially feasible both past and present. I never would have predicted I’d love it so much as an adult and need the vacation budget it requires. But I know I want a lot more WDW in my future, and I have some new goals I’m working toward to make it happen.

25 Likes

I have to do an awkward step into the moving walkway vehicles. I get so nervous when it is almost my turn.

7 Likes

Ive lost 20# since my last personal realization in wdw :rofl: my mind goes so much further than my body, im hoping by lightening the load this old gal can keep up with the child like brain who wants to do All the Things at once

17 Likes

@illini74, I don’t know which is worse - acquiring the vehicle or leaving it. I realize we can have the whole shebang stopped to make the ride vehicle more accessible. I’ve seen all these enough that I don’t need to be the “stopped again!” reason. :thinking:

@Jeff_AZ - I knew you could do it. :blush:

@lochneffmonster - “nothing will ever beat seeing it all for the first time” - we missed the seeing it all experience. Since our first trip was in 1974 WDW has been a work in progress, often with interesting surprises. :wink:

6 Likes

I realize as I am making touring plans that I don’t really want to do much there and wonder why I go there.

Just showed my DD17 how to do TPs for her graduation trip and told her to pick things. She wanted my input. There are like 1-4 things per park I care to do, counting fireworks. She’s my only real Disney-fanatic kid.

9 Likes

Good for you!

2 Likes

:smiley:

16 Likes

I’ve realized I only scratched the surface over the years. I’ve spent so much time going to the beloved must-do things, I’ve not fully explored/experienced all the great things there

13 Likes

They should have a scheduled stop times for the moving vehicles and have all of us who could use a slow down get on and off at once.

8 Likes

The strategies to squeeze awesomeness is the challenge, but the people (Cast Members, characters, other guests) often make the magic.

7 Likes