Perplexing conundrum — now featuring trip report 🤩

Oh I believe it!

But do any of them say

?

3 Likes

No. LOL. And I rarely even carry a novelty bag after Paris last year. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

Who are you & what have you done with Julia?

3 Likes

I broke my foot, I got old, and I went to Paris? :joy::joy::joy:

I’ve actually sold a lot of my old Kate Spade bags. I know. WHAT HAPPENED.

I think I hit 40 and I just kind of pivoted a little bit. Also? Downsizing like we did was so hard and we just don’t have space like I used too.

5 Likes

Makes all the sense in the world, especially that downsizing part. I just have such a hard time picturing you without your novelty handbags coordinated to your outfit because you’ve done it so brilliantly over the last few years I’ve known you.

3 Likes

I just coordinate a small rotating selection of “I can’t believe you are taking that bag to a theme park” bags now. :joy::joy::joy:

It does make packing a lot easier. I’m trying to not drag so much junk around

7 Likes

Oh I’ll bet. It is nice to pack lighter.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I downgrade from a boring, old Tory Burch bag to a waterproof, indestructible, lightweight, EXTRA boring theme park only bag, so bringing an actual nice bag to a park blows my mind. What if it gets wet?! What if someone spills a Dole whip float on it?! What if it gets in my way?!

3 Likes

Oh yeah I don’t care. I figure I bought it and I’m gonna use it and enjoy it. :joy: I wear my nice jewelry everywhere too. Isn’t that why I pay extra for insurance? :woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m a big proponent of “use the fancy things”. Might as well enjoy them right?

10 Likes

Fair. I guess I’m just still in the stage of spending good money on a beautiful smocked dress for my daughter and being unable to blast out whatever she poured all over it at school with the world’s greatest stain remover. Like my husband has a beautiful car and would freak if someone dinged it. I drive a minivan mainly because then I dont really care if it’s perpetually encrusted with goldfish.

It is silly to buy nice things and not use them. So instead of using them, I don’t buy them. I like your philosophy better.

6 Likes

Stain removal tip: blue dawn dish soap mixed with water gets just about anything out! You dab it on the stain and then hand rinse.

3 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building - cross posting this here.

13 Likes

I love blue dawn for everything. But DD has a special talent.

1 Like

You see, this is why I hate Americans. Bite me, humourless dullards. You bloody people have no idea how lucky you are.

Cheapest flight to Orlando from the UK (that I’d be willing to book, admittedly) is around $1,000. And it’s a nine hour flight. Ugh.

7 Likes

Appreciate you posting the good news :pray:

2 Likes

My favorite D&B is the red canvas polka dots Minnie crossbody, but I just ordered a new one from ebay because if it gets too wet even with just dawn or no real soap at all (i.e. you try to spot clean more then a very small spot and then it downpours) the red bleeds like it’s real blood and now half the dots are pink.

I’m going to spray some stain protector on this one and hope that helps keep it from bleeding like that.

1 Like

Blue dawn doesn’t work on everything, but it sure is pretty dang good. I have a dress that bleeds and it’s just going to eventually turn red. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building I’ve been off the forums for a bit and catching up on the latest. I’m happy for you that you are considering/planning/definitely-going-on a trip to Disney. I share your feelings of conflict about visiting Orlando and Florida. My next big trip will be to Disneyland. Time for something new. I hope you have a fabulous time and share lots of pics!

4 Likes

Dino is trying to entice @sanstitre_has_left_the_building to Disneyland!

Private Mickey & Minnie Meet & Greet!

18 Likes

Love!

1 Like