Perks of staying at a Disney hotel…

Hi Maria, sadly, that wasn’t even the “thousand cuts” part. That was on top of of a bunch of minor annoyances. Like I said, none were big, but they added up. They were:

• Ants in the room. We had our food sealed and the front desk immediately sprayed when notified and they didn’t reappear the 5 day whole trip, but apparently we weren’t the only ones.
  • Tear on the sheets. They replaced them…with sheets with ironed in creases. It’s like sleeping on a pleated pillow
  • Toilet seat came loose on 1 side
  • It was literally a 7 minute walk from our hotel room to the elevator. It’s not bad, but feels like a lot after a long day at the parks
  • Pool was freezing. This was the one that annoyed me the most because we were looking forward to the pools so much. It was so cold kids only went in on days when it was 87 or higher. I called to complain and they told me heating unit was off because “day was hot” and I told them it’s 80 out and there were 3 kids in the water slide pool and 12 in the hot tub.

If it sounds like I’m being too down on the Dolphin, location was amazing and there were a lot of great amenities. The balcony was great, we could see Epcot fireworks from the pool and Evening Deluxe Hours were amazing. We walked onto everything except Mine Train.

3 Likes

All those annoyances altogether would’ve annoyed me, too. I’m not saying that Disney hotels are perfect but all the things you mentioned would’ve gotten to me, too. I’ll keep my fingers crossed (and eyes out for ants!)

I AM looking forward to the close proximity to Epcot and HS. It’ll be our first trip back since the pandemic so I’m trying to reel in my expectations what with all the changes to FP/LL and no more Magical Express :cry:

1 Like