Perfect is the enemy of the Good Trip Report

Oh wow! Good thing your already home!

3 Likes

You’re as obsessed as @OBNurseNH

5 Likes

I absolutely refuse to do laundry on vacay. I send that stuff out :crazy_face::upside_down_face:
Edit: I have done towels and bathing suits at the beach, but that is where I draw the line!

4 Likes

really you’re ok with strangers touching your unmentionables :rofl: If you have a DVC room the laundry is TOO handy. And I doing laundry by the poolside is kind of a treat.

6 Likes

No, I bring enough + for everyone! Lol, I will do those when I get back. But, if its a long trip, I find a local laundromat and drop most of the shorts, pants, shirts, socks off 2 days before leaving and pick it up on the way out. Or Ill just bring it home. My MIL sneaks into my house to do laundry (and dishes), I may be a bit spoiled! :grin:

4 Likes

wow, you’re lucky!

3 Likes

My MIL is the best (but Im her favorite child, she jokes that she gets me if I ever leave her son). Shes actually comes to my house every morning to give my pets their treats. My chihuahua sleeps in the bed with us. The Guinea pigs hear her when she comes back from walking her dog. They do a light squeal, cage rattle. This is when the dog wakes up and pops up out the bed, ears at attention. Then a few minutes later the real fun begins. When she walks in the door, I say shes doing the prison walk. 1 piggie bites and rattles the cage, the other one squeals SOOO loud. So the dog barks at us to let her out the bed so she can fly down the hall way. My MIL brings lettuce and carrots for the piggies. Then proceeds to get the cat and dog treats out the box and dole them out. THEN takes my doggie out for her first potty. (Then the doggie comes and yells at me to get up and feed her, if I dont, the cats accompany with meows in the hallway :joy:). Every morning.

2 Likes

oh my… sounds like a real zoo, but a loving one. I say zoo affectionately :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Oh its a zoo! Im actually at my lowest animal count in a long time :joy::joy: we’ve never acquired but 2 animals ( in the 16 we’ve had over 18 years.) They just come to me. My friends and neighbors joke that we have an invisible marker that all animals in need come to us. We’ve also rescued and released or adopted many animals. This is why I have no life. Its Disney, the occasional cruise, work, family and animals :joy: even my kids rescue
Edit: they also bring home for mama to take care of :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Have a great evening. Hope the rain doesn’t slow you down.
I know you didn’t request music tonight, but I’ll offer this up
Complete shot in the dark :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Today was a Beatles kind of day. I listened on my way into work today, and then again on my way home. So many good tunes

6 Likes

That is a high standard to which one might aspire :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I blush! :blush:

3 Likes

My fav is John Lennon, Imagine. I listen when its a particularly stressful day. Puts me at peace.

2 Likes

I had no idea me doing laundry might spark a Liner conversation!!!

So to explain. When I originally booked the idea of a BWV/BCV front end to this little voyage, it was connected to my Disney Institute thing, which was therefore cash-based (at a discount). When Disney Institute bailed on me (cowards!), I then was able to switch to an AP discount at the same cash rate.When I started questioning my sanity (I leave it to you whether that questioning resulted in Yes, she is crazy Or What? she is going to Disney So Why Are You Asking?) I looked at whether I could book the BCV plan with my DVC points (that are expiring Feb 2021). I could, but I dithered. Because (inside DVC wonky silliness here) I worried that a few of the points would be put in the Holding category and, then likely to go away.

By the time I decided to be Brave (love you, Merida – and Merida’s Mom!!!) I could only book the first 2 nights for a studio. But I could book the third night in a one bedroom

So then (I know, this is terrifying to be traveling my thinking process, but you’ve gone this far, so its your fault) I thought: If I have a one bedroom, I can do laundry on day 3, and thus I can pack for 4 days of clothes, and wash them (day one being the travel day) and Thus!!! I need not check a bag, because its Easy to pack for 4 days (because I do this all the time) and Thus! I need not wait for my bag at MCO but instead can zip to MDE and get to WDW that much faster!!!

And so, I am now doing laundry. Just try to challenge my logic – I dare you.

20 Likes

Makes perfect sense to me!

3 Likes

Laundry is the best convenience of DVC. But even before DVC I would take the middle day - which was our pool day - and do the laundry. I wrote a thing about it too.

4 Likes

Do you girl! Plus, what else is there in the evening right now! :joy: worse case, you come home with clean laundry :grimacing::flushed:

6 Likes

Ive never stayed DVC. Maybe, just maybe, if I had that convenience and time on my hands… But I guess the plus is having a washer and dryer in suite. Then, if your there anyway, what the harm? (Doing a household chore, thats the harm :joy: but I see now some benefit). Now Im rethinking vacation! Yall are a bad influence :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So, Day Three End of Day Wrap Up

I am happily sitting in my excessively large one bedroom BCV because of what I just explained, and soon I will pack up my completely clean clothes for Part Two of this COVID era Disney exploration. I might be drinking a glass of wine. No photos available.

18,456 steps 8.15 miles according to the fitbit (I think its more miles, but that is a long-standing dispute between myself and Fitbit, so let’s let it go)

I truly love our AKL DVC home resort, and I am SO excited tomorrow to finally experience our new WL/CC home resort, but I do confess that I now really get the BCV/BWV DVC pull. This is lovely (you’ve seen my photos). This is fun – there is a lot (even COVID times) to access, It is super to walk to Epcot and HS. The resort is lovely. It is no where near as immersive and themed as AKL (and I’m not giving up my AKL), but it has other, really super lovely advantages. Including that pool complex. Omigoodness.

I had a really lovely second Epcot day. I’m glad I did a lot 2 days ago because today was much hotter, and so I could just do (what I think of as) a mop-up operation. I had shopping to do (I bought a whole lot of Festival stuff and gifts for family), and some festival food I could not manage on day one (I am not, after all @Randall1028 – there are limits :slight_smile: )

For those who love Epcot, the crowds are low enough to be able to find happy. But again, the Future World construction really is a major negative. I’m not sure what my advice is, other than if you love World Showcase, and are happy to trek out for a beloved attraction or two in soon-to-be-former Future World, its good. If you loved Future World, you might want to spend your park time elsewhere.

I’m off to fold clean clothes. I’ll get up early to pack up, check out, and walk to HS for my Day 2/HS Mop-Up day. I haven’t decided how long I will spend at HS, vs. head to WL/CC which I am so excited to live in starting tomorrow!

17 Likes