Prepping for My Solo Trip

We are in SoCal moving DS into his 4th college apartment and we had to go to Downtown Disney.

New decor. Guess the characters.

DH wanted a head start home so we stayed in Anaheim. This was such a nice surprise from our hotel room. There was no music but I had tears in my eyes as I watched.

8 Likes

I Love DT. Thank you for sharing the pics. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Now that we have returned from our family vacation to the national parks, it’s time to put on my thinking cap for my solo trip to Disneyland in November. I have my 3-day park hopper tickets and my park reservations. I have yet to get park hoppers at WDW but I’m so used to parking hopping at Disneyland and it is so easy to park hop, it seems so foreign not to have park hoppers at Disneyland.

@Julianne_fki has kindly invited me to join her group for drinks/meal since we overlap on a couple of days! I’m looking forward to that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Annual Pass
I’m seriously thinking about the Enchant Key Pass! It has a lot of blackout dates. But I’ll only need to fork out around $300 more for it.

I fell in love with @93111tink pictures of the Lunar New Year Celebration. 2022 is the year of the tiger. DD is born the year of the tiger. I thought I would treat her to a few days at Disneyland during the Lunar New Year Celebration as her birthday gift. But Disneyland hasn’t announced Lunar New Year 2022.

Boarding Group Directions
I thought I bookmarked the directions on how to get boarding groups but I can’t find it. Could someone please kindly link me to them?

Photo Pass
Does anyone bother purchasing Photo Pass at DLR? It looks like you have to buy each day separately?

Touring Plan
I’m not sure I’m going to plan this trip as meticulously as a WDW trip. Being on my own, I’m thinking about winging it and doing whatever suits my fancy for the moment. Will I regret this?

Any other suggestions?

3 Likes

Here is the link to the BG page. It’s for WDW but it’s basically the same process (while it lasts). They may be doing standby only or LL+ when you go - I haven’t seen Disneyland specific announcements on that.

I don’t get PhotoPass generally at DL. Usually you can get a decent shot of the ride photos using the screens at the end. Only reason you’d want it is if you’re going to take a lot of Photopass pics at the castle and other landmarks.

I usually do a basic touring plan but don’t follow it too closely. Unless you’re going at a really busy time, you should be able to mostly wing it.

2 Likes

Many thanks!

I’m holding my breath on changes. WDW’s changes glaze my eyes.

3 Likes

I got Oga’s Tuesday evening!

4 Likes

What time?

I think around 6:00. I’ll let you know for sure when I can look it up. About to get on a plane!

1 Like

6:30

2 Likes

Enjoy your trip! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just thought I would pick up DS for breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen before I drive home on Veterans Day. Disney has dropped dinner for Goofy’s Kitchen for that day. I can’t tell if it has dropped breakfast or lunch. Am I too late to the game? I checked for the following week and I only see Goofy’s Kitchen for dinner, too.

1 Like

I will join you at Oga’s at 6:30!

3 Likes

I’m late to the party here, but they now let you set your party for boarding group acquisition at 6:00am.

3 Likes

Good to know! Thank you. And you are not late to the party. I’m still working on my trip and will have more questions.

1 Like

I picked up brunch for 11/11 this morning. It’s in 44 days. So all reservations do not become available at 60 days.

Disney dropped 6 days (beginning with 11/11) worth of breakfast reservations this morning.

4 Likes

I have a 3-day park hopper ticket on my DLR app and reservations associated with it. I want to upgrade that ticket to a Magic Key. I chatted with a CM on the app. She said I need to wait until I get to DLR to upgrade. Can somewhat, who has upgraded, confirm that I have to wait until I finish my first day reservation before upgrading?

1 Like

The minute you upgrade from tickets to a Magic Key any park reservations made on those tickets will not transfer. You would have to re-reserve any future dates as a Magic Key-holder and if no Magic Key reservations are available there is nothing that CMs can do to add you allow you a reservation. This includes if you upgrade midday on a day that you entered the park (on your ticket reservation). If you upgrade and then leave the park you won’t be able to get back in without a Magic Key reservation.

So to that effect, if Magic Key reservations are not available for any of the days you want to be there don’t upgrade until you are literally ready to walk out of the park on your last day. (We did it as the last thing we did on our way out the door, and we were easily able to in the DL app, and got several warnings that if we wanted to re enter the parks we would need a Magic Key reservation).

1 Like

Thank you! It is so helpful to have on the ground experience.

CM did not tell me to upgrade when I was ready to leave on the last day. She told me to upgrade at the end of the first day.