People Mover to open 1/10/21 NOW 4/4

Yeah, there are a couple of videos out of them hitting each other while they were testing. I will be there until March 3rd this next trip so we shall see if it gets extended again. Lost count how many times now.

I find it sooo curious that it’s worked for decades and now it doesn’t and crashes? What’s up with that?! Maybe it caught Covid? But then again I’m thinking it was having problems before then too. I can’t remember when I started seeing issues.

2 Likes

I’m thinking that the company that used to produce replacement parts is gone and they are having to craft their own parts with trial and error tests to see what works and what doesn’t.
The crashing started about 4 years ago if I remember.

2 Likes

oh wow… I had no idea about any of this… but I don’t have to know everything :wink:

1 Like

It’s purely conjecture based on what I’ve seen in other forums.

2 Likes

Yes apparently the crashes have been a problem for a while and the source of several lawsuits

1 Like

:grimacing:

1 Like

There was some conjecture that the video of them crashing was actually them intentionally testing that they “crashed” safely. The bumpers in the trains did appear to work quite well, regardless.

4 Likes

Now extended to April 3rd, not surprised

1 Like

It is never going to open, is it?

3 Likes

It will probably open in April cause I am not back until June. Then it will go down again right before I go.

Ugh! I really hope this is the last extention…are they doing this just to torture us at this point? Like teasing my kids with candy…“you want this? Do ya?..too bad hahahaha”

1 Like

The sad part is I was here the last 3 dates it was supposed to open. So yes they are slowly turning the torture screws. I love the people mover.

2 Likes

:scream: Don’t say that.

3 Likes

IKR? It kills me to think it. It’s definitely one of the best rides in all the World.

But I’m losing hope

4 Likes

I would be crushed if it never opened again! One of my favorite rides. Doesnt seem like a very complex ride system either, i mean its a slow train on a track…all those smart people and thats the ride they cant seem to fix?

3 Likes

Clearly the magnet system is more complex than we give it credit for because they are having a hard time replicating it with currently available parts to repair it.

1 Like

I am not feeling optomistic about this ride returning. I feel like if it can be fixed it would have by now. Just taking too long… like primeval whirl did and we all know the outcome there.

1 Like

They were working on it on Saturday.

2 Likes

Don’t lose hope.

1 Like