People Mover to open 1/10/21 NOW 4/4

It’s suppose to open next week… need to scroll down a bit to read the details.

4 Disney World Attractions Will Be Closed BUT a Fan-Favorite Will Finally REOPEN Next Week! | the disney food blog

11 Likes

For a moment I was edge of my seat if only on @ryan1 's behalf… but reading the article made me think it’s less “crack open the TPs and add this!” and far more “ok. we’ll see”

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:
Well the cavate is always that everything is subject to change :wink:

2 Likes

People Mover is one of my family’s “must do’s” every time we go. Our DS would sit backwards and go into the biggest fit of giggles every time he “fell over” from every turn. I know I’m supposed to be people watching (and moving), but all I ever remember from that attraction are the unadulterated joy in those baby blue’s.

6 Likes

I also panic briefly every time I see an article talk about closures and they have a picture of CoP right at the top.

I didn’t think they’d touch Spaceship Earth and here we are, my already (probably) having said my last “Thank You” to the Phoenicians. :sob:

2 Likes

It is one of our family’s must do’s too. My DS (when younger) wanted to ride it over and over. This was his pre-thrill-ride time, but the rest of us just love the respite and nostalgia of it :wink:

1 Like

Yep. Agreed!! I feel like anyone who posts if it’s NOT bad news should put something as to what it is before the link. A friend posted a thing about Julie Andrews celebrating her 85th birthday (she posted it on the wrong day by a couple of months, but still) with NOTHING above the three pictures and link and literally everyone was freaking out at her because yes, the link title said “Celebrates her 85th birthday” but you had to read to the second line. Those tri-picture links are almost always bad news.

2 Likes

I muttered aloud “oh the people mover is opening…” and my wife goes “oh the piggy train?!” :rofl:

For the record it’s one of her favorite rides, she just has a weird nickname for it

5 Likes

DH jokes that my son and I broke it last trip in early March. (Kept breaking down and then permanently closed). I have heard it may open on the 9th and that would be awesome. That is our first day in MK. Otherwise, we will get to it at some point during the trip. It is weirdly one of my favorite rides.

1 Like

My excitement was burst when WDWMagic pointed out that 10th Jan is the one listed on the refurbishment list from WDW, which has been altered several times since July.

Now I’m just sad. But I will not give up hope! :joy:

2 Likes

Wait. Does this mean it is time to plan another trip to Disney? My AP doesn’t expire until August after all… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Go for it!

Can’t, really. Budget and lack of vacation time wouldn’t allow it.

Still…I sure did miss PM.

2 Likes

I think I know what all the enablers here will say to that. Anyway, how about a Fri night flight, MK on Sat, fly home Sun. No vacation time needed, and lots of cheap flights yet for the next few months. Oh no, I’ve joined the side of the enablers. :wink:

6 Likes

8 Likes

Maybe to save money someone will just let me camp out in their room just to sleep. :wink:

1 Like

Or better yet, I will sleep in the airport. Just Uber over to MK for the day.

3 Likes

Is your AP still good? I think you could make it happen!

2 Likes

File this under: I’ll believe it when I see it.

3 Likes