Parks close early * What to do?

@Randall1028 just had a late reservation in MK. Liberty Tree Taven I think… ended his meal 90 min after park closure. Got some amazing night time pics. Check out his trip report.All this has happened before look at post 2598 to see evening after hours in MK start

1 Like

Okay, you guys are my test subjects as I run through some potential plans. :grin:

My friend really wants two full park days. So now, we’ll arrive on Tuesday evening at Old Key Wet. It will feel early to us so we’ll take advantage of the pool and/or bar until they close.

Next day, we’ll go to AK (luggage will go to AKL without us I hope). Even if we stay until close at 5:00, we’ll be back at Jambo with enough time to check out the savannas and enjoy the animals there until our Sanaa reservation at 8:00.

Next day is MK with a 5:35 ressie at Skipper’s Canteen so we’ll be in the park for at least a little while after close. Then maybe take the monorail to GF to check out the Enchanted Rose.

Last day, we have a breakfast ressie at Kona Cafe at 10:50. We can check out another resort after that if we want, or go back to AKL and have some pool time before DME picks us up. Probably won’t see as many resorts, but she wants to focus on parks and I’m always okay with that.

2 Likes

My sister and I have just been talking about evening hours - altho who knows what December will be like.

We always bring a jigsaw puzzle to WDW. We’ll probably bring several. Have some beverages, snacks and marathon puzzles the whole week, should hours pretty much stay closing early.

We’ve never been commando tourers anyway. Recent trips have found us touring for a day or two and then a park day. Repeat.

I mentioned the cabanas and my sister is like why have I never known about this! I know my niece will adore a cabana. Grandniece will like the shade and bluetooth. We’ll get to listen to kpop to her heart’s content.

@Julianne_fki - your plans look ambitious but for two - probably very doable. I think you’ll be flexible enough to adjust on the fly. Here’s hoping the MK boats are running. I’d like to know as well.

4 Likes

That boat ride to WL is great (I think of it as a ride :blush:) and WL is a lovely resort! If you can fit it in on your last day after Kona, that’s the one I would do. Even with your adjusted plan, you’re still hitting the good ones - AKL, GF and Poly (and hopefully WL)!

2 Likes

I’d skip rest days and have rest/pool evenings.

1 Like

Just realized I omitted that Beach club has a white sandy beach, open to anyone as well. (pool is not available for pool-hoping, need to be a guest of YC/BC).

Just a warning that the monorail has been shutting down 1 hour after park close (so 7pm for your date). Just something to be aware of with timing. They do evidently have a bus looping the monorail resorts until 11pm in place of it though. I’ll be testing it out for a little resort bar hopping along the monorail route next week.

2 Likes

I will defnitely be looking for your update! Thanks!

1 Like

Like that idea, but I’ll have to watch how late Skyliner runs from CBR to POP…

1 Like

smart!

Looks like the newest schedule for the skyliner has it stopping at 8:30 pm. :wink:

1 Like

Back in here to say…sleep! We did the second parking opened until almost close everyday this week. We were so tired by the end!! Went to Disney Springs twice for dinner, watched Mulan one night. Otherwise, it was just relaxing letting the body recover for the next day. Only 1 morning left at AK then I have to go home🙁 …but back again for a 4 night trip in November.

In December I have to make the decision of do I renew AP, or do I wait for this pandemic to be over …or when the start selling AP’s again.

3 Likes

I mean, this is what I’m thinking! Other than AK that closes at 5 I feel like by the time we get back to the resort, eat dinner and get cleaned up…it’s either bedtime or past bedtime for me kids. An early park close is not the enemy of parents with young children!

3 Likes