Parking at TTC for MK-what did I do wrong?

This. It seems they do not want you taking the resort monorail as they prefer to havr it less crowded fornrrsort guests, or so it seems.

I camt remember…are both the resort monorail and express monorail in the same place with one on one side and one on the other?

They are. You take separate ramps to each, but they mirror each other.

1 Like

So if you’re parking at TTC you do security before the monorail and then again at MK, or just before the monorail?

Just before you get on the monorail or ferry. Once you disembark, you are directed down a separate lane that avoids the security at MK.

1 Like

And so the argument for walking to Poly is just for shorter security lines (potentially)?

I think so. But if you saw my update, today we flew though security at TTC. I’d allow for it to take a bit, but I think our issues were partly from understaff at early entry time, but not necessarily a consistent problem.

1 Like

The other day there wasn’t a no bag line when we first arrived. Only 2 security lines and. Some large groups (bands, etc) arrived with us. In moments they opened more lines but no “no bag” line which was a bummer.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this information! I’m going to EMM on May 26 and we’re staying off site so driving to TTC. I would not have even thought that you would have to take the resort monorail. Good to know! Not sure what time we should leave our rental at Windsor Hills - maybe 6:30? I think it’s only a 10-15 minute drive to TTC but I want to allow enough time for bag check, etc.

1 Like

UI think if you leave Windsor Hills 6:30-6:45, you will be good. If you get to the TTC before 7, I have heard that sometimes you don’t have to pay for parking bc the attendants aren’t at the gate yet. The walk in from the lot to TTC is something to take into consideration too (maybe 10 min?)
If EMM is your first day in MK, you’ll feel more relaxed being early, having extra time for everything, pictures, just getting oriented.

4 Likes

At TTC they mirror. At MK they are in separate locations - in part to encourage the “average guest” to take the TTC direct one and not clog up the resort monorail line…

1 Like

And then, of course, there are situations like we encountered on our last trip where we made it all the way to being the NEXT group to board the monorail to leave the park when the train pulled up and fell short of the correct stopping point by about 10 ft. It took, then, about 45 minutes before they managed to get it working. In the meantime, we were standing there hopeful, but wishing we had, instead, gotten on the Resort Monorail train instead, because if we had, we would have been halfway back to our rental condo by then. :confused:

1 Like