Parking and leaving a car

We are heading to WDW for the first time in 2 weeks (so excited)!! We will have a car for our transportation and we are staying at CSR. My question is, if we park our car at Epcot to catch the monorail to MK to close the park, are we able to get back to our car at Epcot if that park has already closed for the night? From everything I have read, not driving to MK is optimum, so we are trying to find other ways to get there but still have some use of our car so we aren’t waiting for buses at the end of a very long day. TYIA

The Epcot monorail closes an hour after EP closes (well- maybe in reality a little longer) but it definitely will not be running when MK closes. I would either drive to MK or use Disney transportation from your resort to EP in the morning.

2 Likes

No, I don’t think this is a good plan. You’re best to take Disney transport from CSR to EP, monorail to MK, then Disney transport direct from MK back to resort. Every other plan that puts you in your car involves an extra leg of travel between MK and EP, which easily erases any possible morning transportation benefit by taking the car instead of WDW transport.

2 Likes

Additionally… if you park at MK (at the TTC), then at the end of the day you still have to wait in a massive line to get out of MK, either to the boats or monorail to get back to the parking lot, where you then have to wait in a long line again to get a trolley to your parking area. Exclusively Disney transport still makes the most sense in this situation.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info! :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info! :slight_smile: It’s crazy how much planning is involved with all of this. LOL

The drive to TTC to go to MK isn’t bad. We drove everywhere during our trip because DH refused to take buses. So we drove to TTC for two days. We didn’t park hop so we didn’t encounter the situation you described. But I do agree that the mob at closing is crazy and the line to catch any type of WDW transportation is looooooong. If you park your car at TTC, there is monorail to Epcot AND MK (as well as the ferry). So If you need to drive and park hop, I would park my car at TTc instead of at Epcot. then at the end of the day, you just need to take the monorail or ferry to TTc to get your car and not need to worry about the park being closed.

1 Like