Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

That’s a good point. If the strategy is to secure a headliner first, but the first time available is 2 to 3 hours from now, I guess you just have to use standby til then…

A good example would be Splash or Big Thunder since SDMT is expected to not be in the G+ attraction package, but a separately paid ride.

I also foresee lunch breaks being the time to get the really popular ride reservations. Since you don’t want anything right away and the cooling down time period - you will be eating anyway.

I did consider the MaxPass rules, but also that Disneyland has a lot of local guests that likely did not use Maxpass everytime (even though there was a paper fastpass option available for free). With many of the WDW visitors not being local AP holders, I think Genie+ will be utilized more there than MaxPass (or Genie+ now) at DL.

2 Likes

I hope TP’s predictions are correct, because otherwise, I will be glued to my phone all day getting new “wishes.” That was something I hated about the FP+ system, honestly. It worked beautifully in terms of snagging one FP after the next, but I hated the pressure and how I had to be hyper vigilant. It would nice to just use a touring plan and standby lines.

2 Likes

That is an interesting point. I live roughly halfway between WDW and DL (Texas). Going to DL wasn’t an option because for the same travel cost we could get four parks at WDW. Only people we know that have been to DL were in CA for some other reason and added on a day or few at DL. I consider my family the ideal user of G+.

This assumes rope dropping. For those of us that do not want to rope drop, I think G+ will be much more beneficial.

4 Likes

Disney is reportedly testing the Genie system next week with some Cast Members.

Sounds interesting but given the choice I’d rather ride the attractions

2 Likes

I just had a thought. Genie+ and park hopping. That patent of Disney’s related to this said something about using your location to offer you ride reservations. Genie knows which park you are in and/or park reservation. It knows you can’t get to another park before 2 pm. It has said you are allowed to use G+ when park hopping. This makes me think that the ride reservations offered for another park will have a start time of 2pm +. Even if it were 7am. This might be something to keep in mind if it was time for you to get a G+ reservation, but you didn’t feel like riding anything right then. Say you were meandering through AK trails and all the AK options were too soon.

If you that is true, then there will probably be a jump in ride times offered. So, people with park reservations at that park will see the time offered increase up to 2pm then make a jump to the next time not filled with park hoppers.

I thought I’d mention this in case the experts hadn’t thought of that. Unlikely, but sometimes the obvious is missed.

The question is if it will even allow you to book further out than the next available. So, if you are in EP, and plan to hop to MK, you might try to book a LP when it is still noon, but at EP. If the next available is sooner than 2:00, you might not even be allowed to. We don’t know yet.

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Came here looking for these exact posts. Trying to decide which park to brave on the 19th… the only day of my trip g+ will be active

Thank you @rgandillon for these articles! Will be interesting to see the data after a few weeks of G+/LL and hear anything new to report.

3 Likes

Thanks! Lots of detailed testing planned, and we’ll be reporting it back as quickly as possible. If you don’t follow TouringPlans on Instagram, that’s where our in-park testing team typically gets information out the fastest. Will obviously communicate it out other ways too, but it’ll just take slightly longer.

8 Likes

A friend and I have one day in Epcot this December with 1:00 PM entry tickets (convention). I am thinking our money might be better spent on LL+ for FEA and Remy (if we don’t get a boarding group) rather than Genie+. She’s never been to Epcot and we want to spend a good amount of time looking around WS. Many of the rides on Genie+ are not a priority for us - i.e. Figment?!

2 Likes

Yes I can’t imagine getting G+ for Epcot. We only ride 4 things.

1 Like
1 Like

Since you posted this, I haven’t been able to make sense of it.

1 Like