Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

“Unfortunately, you can only “get started” if you or someone in your party has a Park Pass Reservation and you’re visiting in the near future (roughly the next 5 days).”

3 Likes

Sharing a very helpful Blog comment:

Then:

Then you are refreshed and back to here:

6 Likes

That’s how I refresh from home—I discovered it by accidentally clicking on the LL one day lol

1 Like

This actually isn’t the case. My tickets and APR are for late December. I went through and told Genie my preferences and I can pin attractions now. You just can’t make “My Day”’a future day. Use today as the date even though your ticket isn’t for today.

4 Likes

" This leads us to perhaps the most important point here: be smart about what you’re paying for. Know your touring style and what you want to accomplish, and then decide whether Genie+ or ILL will help you with that. Don’t just purchase based on crowd levels or posted wait times."

I wish guests would take this recommendation seriously. Too many people are falling into this money trap set by Disney!

4 Likes

Nice to see that the basic Genie plan did an OK job at MK. That earlier testing of Genie at HS could not have gone worse.

Although Becky had previously given G+ purchase advice factoring in crowd levels, I’m glad she ended with that advice. Realizing that it’s not a one size fits all for everyone.

It’s just a shame that more people don’t take the time to research, but just assume those purchases are necessary for them to have a better park day.

2 Likes

Example of what’s in the article:

1 Like

Great advice and I like the timer widget, good idea.

2 Likes

AK CL6:

EP CL9:

Boooooo G+.

3 Likes

Some highlights from today’s article:

"The data for today’s post is NOT simple. It is messy and new and raw. If you’re wondering why Lines doesn’t yet support suggestions for which Genie+ reservations to make and when, this is part of the reason why. We need data on these return times, and we also need data on wait time savings. That means you can help by submitting your Genie+ and standby wait times if you’re in the parks."

Something different for Liners to remember: Use the timer in the Lightning Lane too!

At AK if you want to book both KS and NRJ with moderate crowds and want to park hop, the 2nd booking (10am) will have a return time around 3:30, so not an ideal scenario for hopping!

At Epcot, Genie+ may only be worth it for TT and Soarin’. Everything else, the LL is not much of a time saver. And in high crowds, you will probably be disappointed by the late return times of many attractions. With a good plan, you should just skip G+ at EP.

TP’s 1-10 scale Crowd Levels will need to be recalibrated. The parks feel very crowded, but that hasn’t led to super long waits like you may have thought. So the correlation is different than pre-covid.

The MK & HS return time data article and analysis will be out tomorrow.

4 Likes

HS CL7

MK CL6

1 Like

Reading the latest, reminds me of the FPP tiers. You will be able to get one Tier 1, and two or maybe three Tier 2 reservations.

2 Likes

I do not envy those trying to build in predictions into the app. It has to be totally shifting sands. The late Oct. data has to be pretty stale because people were still figuring it out. Then you had the people figuring out the hacks from those darn vloggers, so therefore getting more reservations earlier. Then they quashed that, so things changed again. Hopefully, soon they will add meet-and-greets to G+ and that might change things. Particularly when people getting their 4th+ G+ opt for one of those.

3 Likes

Becky’s closing thoughts of G+ at HS & MK:

Hollywood Studios:

1. “Under most conditions, you are going to have to choose between Slinky Dog Dash and Millennium Falcon for Genie+ access at Hollywood Studios. On the very lowest crowd days you may be able to do both, but otherwise you will have to get lucky with a hard-to-find early morning Slinky Dog return time followed by an immediate booking for Millennium Falcon while you’re in line.”
  2. “If you’re using Genie+ at Hollywood Studios on a crowded day, you’ll likely only be able to use Genie+ to skip standby at two attractions from the (Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Toy Story Mania, Alien Swirling Saucers) group, so plan in advance for which two you want to aim for.”

Magic Kingdom:

1. “At Magic Kingdom, Jungle Cruise is in the highest demand. This makes sense – it regularly sees the longest standby waits of any Genie+ attraction in that park. It’s definitely worth booking, but will book out pretty far in advance.”
  2. “Splash Mountain’s popularity depends a lot on temperature and weather. So if that’s important to you, do a little advance planning, look at when the sun is supposed to pop out and warm things up for the day, and book your return time before that happens and demand skyrockets.”
  3. “If you’re using Genie+ at Magic Kingdom on a crowded day, start being really picky about which reservations you pick up around 1 and 3 pm. Those might very well be your last two selections of the day, so make them align to what you really want to do and what will save you time.”
3 Likes

Except Liners knew how to get all the extra Tier 1 FPPs. I feel like I’m gonna need to turn in my Liner card at Xmas because I’m not going to be able to snag a bunch of extras. My family will realize I’m not actually a wizard :weary:

6 Likes

I did a split day at HS and MK last week. We went to HS and stacked for MK. We got JC at around 7:15am (I was waiting on a 3:30ish time), PPF at 11am, HM at 1pm and BTMRR at 3pm. BTMRR was for 6:30pm. We didn’t need LL after that, as wait times weren’t bad at all. On a different night T MK. We rode 7dmt in 5-10 minutes during the fireworks. We only did G+ that one day and did all the headliners at all the parks.

4 Likes

So glad it worked out for you, great planning!