Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

This is what is confusing me. I thought the directions say that if you evaluate you are adding the time, the software does not predict genie+ times if you are evaluating?

Yes the time you are booking

Yes it does predict the return times

1 Like

Late to the party but I want to add that Im much more confident using data from October 2022 than from March 2022 for my March 2023 trip. Still catching up but I think maybe jacking up G+ price and no longer being able to pre buy it impacted G+ purchases all together.

5 Likes

Where does it say that? That is what I have been looking for.

In your touring plan.

After the software update, ANY plan with G+ will estimate the RTā€™s.

But Len has posted here that evaluate works differently than optimize? I am confused about this:

Is it not in evaluate as of now?

I thought this same thing. I will be checking my TPs now but I noticed that there is the option at top to select whether or not you will purchase G+. Then you can manually select a ride with a return time or optimize and TP will tell you when to Obtain the LL and put that suggested ride in order. I didnā€™t see where you could select which LLs you wanted to choose and have TP give you an obtain time and return time. Will have to play around with it more I guess.

Iā€™m going next week, and i totally agree with this. Iā€™ve come up with a G+ strategy i feel pretty good about after looking at Thrill Data, and I wanted to plug it in to TP to confirm with walking times. After a LOT of finagling, i could get my Epcot plan to match the real return times i think Iā€™ll get but HS is totally off.

It keeps telling me to choose LLs for Slinky with return time at 7pm bc Iā€™m coming to the park at 10:30 after a breakfast reservation. It just doesnt have accurate return times which means your whole plan has you standing in lines youā€™re not (hopefully) going to be standing in.

Iā€™ve given up on using it for HS and relying on my Thrill Data ā€œplanā€.

2 Likes

So if you manually enter your return times and optimize TP ignores them? Iā€™ve put my in and didnā€™t notice this. I do mostly evaluate but my first tap is to optimize to get a feel of a plan.

I just played with a personalized touring plan in the app. I evaluated, added a LL to one step and then it asked me what time ai wouldnā€™t making that LL. That time was before the step but the step did not move:

As someone that always optimizes, I think this worked as designed?

1 Like

Yes, I think if you ā€œEvaluate,ā€ it will accept the return time you give it, assuming you either were able to secure it or believe you will be able to.

Only ā€œOptimizeā€ predicts the return times.

I could be wrong, this is just my understanding from playing around with it and from what Len said.

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦i might have missed something. It wasnā€™t letting me enter actual return times even in Evaluate but maybe i missed it. Where have you entered them?

1 Like

It wasnā€™t letting me enter them either - just the time I was going to obtain my LL

2 Likes

This is my plan I never optimized, only evaluated:

2 Likes

I added additional return times under advanced options:

I actually got it to accept the TOT RT, but not the MFSR RT:

6 Likes

That is my understanding as well.

2 Likes

Totally missed the Advanced drop down! Much better this time. This makes much more sense!

2 Likes

Sometimes if you enter 2 at once it doesnā€™t take the second one. And always remember to save after modifications or entering a new one.

3 Likes

Yes, if you select you are buying G+ but dont manually put options and return times in, it will populate stuff for you. But if you enter just 1, even your first one you expect to get, it will not give any suggestions.

3 Likes

Good catch, thanks!

2 Likes