Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

Back when he was a smaller, generally solo operation he was the go to for character info. He’s a really nice guy, but yeah the material isn’t as quality now that mainly staffers write it.

3 Likes

He was awesome for character info. His group training info and suggest questions for characters.

3 Likes

So now it’s being reported that the only change is that Disney have officially mentioned the 2 hour rule for the first time. Is that true? It must have been in the rules before mustn’t it?

2 Likes

I guess it wasn’t :thinking:

3 Likes

Wow!

I don’t know where to post this so I’m going with this thread.

If I want to buy ILLs for Rise and Guardians on the same day, I assume I should just prioritise my morning park? Or is there something else I should consider?

3 Likes

The main thing is understanding the big contrast in return times just after 7:00.

4 Likes

Correct. Which would explain how people reading it for the 1st time could misinterpret it or think it’s a change.

Also illustrates what a poor job Disney has done explaining this complex product, to leave out such a fundamental rule from the instructions.

1 Like

But I thought you could choose your time for ILLs. Now I’m confused.

1 Like

Oh right. Thanks. I’ll edit out that last part. Yes, you can choose a later time for ILL.

3 Likes

Oh thank goodness :joy: I’ll be in HS in the morning and EP in the evening so I’ll plan on grabbing Rise first.

2 Likes

It’s still shocking to me how poorly they rolled out this product and that they are just now getting around to publishing details about it 7+ months later.

7 Likes

I didn’t realize, another similar blog update was posted yesterday too.

4 Likes

New update to April’s blog.

8 Likes

Thanks for this. My takeaways:

• AK G+ availability has improved, likely due to fewer people buying it
  • Remy sells out very quickly, even faster than SDD. Overall G+ demand has increased at Epcot.
  • HS unchanged except that ToT sells out faster.
  • MK meet & greets selling out faster.
6 Likes

Another update from the original March blog.

What does this mean for you?

For comparison, the following is what was shared by TP in March. The case for purchasing G+ has really increased since then. After collecting more months of data, the time savings has went up dramatically. Check this out::

4 Likes

I asked Becky for more explanation on the big increase in time savings:

4 Likes

Thanks for calling this out, especially that wait times in the LL have decreased at MK from 10-15 mins to single digits.

1 Like

I took that as across all the parks, but not sure. That’s kinda big news. It means Disney has gradually increased the ratio of LL/standby queue intake correct? Example: (LL/standby) like 20/1 instead of 10/1…

Decreasing the Lightning Lane wait increases Standby Queue wait.

2 Likes

Yes it does. I read somewhere that CM’s told some guests recently that the LL:standby ratio was 10:1 which is higher than it was historically, and Becky’s data is consistent with that.

It’s also another way to get more G+ inventory.

2 Likes