Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

Hearting the initial post doesn’t quite cover the platonic love I’m sending.

1 Like

I know right!

There is no rule-of-thumb stating that the benefit of G+ increases as crowds increase. HS is :exploding_head:

2 Likes
1 Like

If a longtime WDW guru like @OBNurseNH says this. Can you imagine what the casual Disney visitor thinks of G+?

5 Likes

They might be better off. They don’t know how good we used to have it. They think this is normal.

We are having a harder time of it because we want a good product that actually gives us a good time.

3 Likes

This was so useful. Here was my screen. Notes included drop times, my gift card numbers and a running account of my schedule:

6 Likes

Where are the gift card numbers?

2 Likes

Lol, in that blank space in the middle. I deleted that off my phone after I got back. Haven’t had the heart to take down the rest!

2 Likes

Oh. I was really curious about the layout of that square in particular :upside_down_face:

:innocent:

4 Likes

I’m also way behind. Didn’t see I was responding to an old post! Still useful I think. But…

1 Like

Nice, that screen view is sweet! :star_struck:

I knew exactly which old post you were replying to. :wink:

1 Like

Fair point. One of my friends went to WDW with his family in October 2021 for his first WDW trip. It was the week G+ started. He thought G+ was great because he was able to skip the standby line for a few rides in each park. I asked him what he thought of Big Thunder Mountain. He said he didn’t remember that one. I explained the details and he said “we must be missed that one” and moved right along to telling me about how much he loved Space Mountain. He didn’t care that he missed one of the best MK rides because he was having so much fun talking about the handful of rides he went on.

3 things were clear about his experience with G+: (1) He thought G+ was great even though he only used it for a few rides in each park, (2) He didn’t maximize the benefits from G+, and (3) He didn’t care that he didn’t maximize the benefits from G+.

7 Likes

I feel like I did maximize it and I rode everything and literally walked on to almost everything from RotR to 7DMT to Remy The few things I didn’t get LL for I was able to do with under a 20 min wait except RnRC which I waited 25. Comparing that to my Oct trip in DLR before G+ there and I stood in many lines and some over an hour and I was using TP and going early and staying late. I stood an a 70 min line for RSR in an afterhours party. I’ll take G+ over that anyday. But I did hate getting up at 655am everyday even when I let my family sleep in because I could never go back to sleep and for that I miss the preplanning way that was free

Edit: my mom said the solution was to release half the lightning lanes early for the planners and the ones who would prefer to do it that way and the other half day of for the annual pass holders and the ones who want to live spontaneously. It’s already so complicated so why the heck not. :wink:

4 Likes

@heathernoel could you pm me the drop times? I had a few written down but now i’m rethinking my plans and can’t seem to find the drop times I saw earlier. (I’m havig a hard time reading your screenshot)
Thanks in Advance!

Just responded!

Is this the thread where people have been asking about adding LL to TP software? @bebe80 feel free to spread this elsewhere if you haven’t already. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey. Yes I shared that article here yesterday.

But most people are interested in the planning ahead capability that isn’t available yet. So this is the only info I got in that regard:

5 Likes

I just processed that g+ saves you the least amount of time on high crowd day. Ooof! And bummer.

That’s when you need it the most.

And I agree with one poster that there’s no way I want to do SB lines all day, even with RD,

In 2017, we went to DLR a month after they launched paid fast pass via the app and I did a happy jig. I was dreading running around the park like a track star trying to grab paper FP’s. It was amazing. The only fail I had was with the disconnected show FP’s which were still paper. I arrived sweaty only to find them ‘sold out’.

Over this past New Years we went to DLR and DCA again right after they launched G+. Again our timing was great. With RD, a great TP, and strategic LL, ILL and single rider use, we did everything we wanted…with little to no waits. Except silly Peter Pan. We waited 35 minutes, in the freezing cold, late at night b/c of my rope drop fail! And then 20 minutes for Astro orbiter at 11pm in freezing cold b/c my ) year old decided after rope drop that he needed to ride!

. With the amount of $$ I will spend on this WDW trip (way more $$ than DLR where we used Hyatt points for our hotel) the extra $60/day is sooo worth it. However, I will eek out every last benefit of that purchase. I will stack, and hop, and carefully use my multiple experience passes, and leverage guest services when there is a glitch. Of my planned 7 days in park, I have just one day (my rope drop Epcot day) that I don’t plan to use G+. Even at Ak, b/c we will arrive late, I want to use it. 3 hours at the pool instead of in the parks to devote to vacay R&R is worth it for me!

3 Likes

Yes. For MK and HS anyway. Because availability disappears quicker for the best attractions.

I think so too. Because you’re already there and spending all the other money, think of it as an improved efficiency right. Or another 1% inflation hike on the overall costs. I will say that some other travelers who have 7 or more park days may think that they can experience everything they want to without G+.

I am planning 7 or 8 nights and I just did TPs for all of them in advance of having to decide by April to book with prepay and no refundable sign DVC rental. I am planning on using G+ all but one day (Epcot RD day that is also EETPH night) according to my plan…but admittedly my family would wilt if we did RD to evening every day. If we want to have some mid day breaks and late start at the parks days (4 of 8 days are sleep in days) and ride headliners more than once, then I am not sure how to do it without some combo of G+ snd IlL.

I could avoid G+ at AKL too, but since that will be late arrival I likely will purchase there as well depending on what thd lines are like there in the days leading up to our day.

1 Like