Park tickets...where do you buy them?

I don’t think so. I’ve got hotel, tickets, memory maker all already booked. I had the dining plan but removed it. I did all of this on my very first call to Disney to book my vacation (well except cancelling the dining plan). If I recall correctly, I initially had to put down a big deposit, but then when I cancelled the dining plan, they refunded it and billed me a much smaller deposit. I am not sure about the whys of this…I have such a crap memory. Maybe because I no longer have a package since I cancelled dining? Or maybe vice verse? I know it’s hard to help someone who can’t tell you things…sorry

1 Like

We’ve reached the limits of my knowledge - I’ve never booked DP and never tried to cancel tickets only in a package, but I assume you can do so. Might take a call to Disney. If they allow it, you could then buy tickets from a discount retailer.

1 Like

From the way it was explained to me a few years ago, packages and hotel-only reservations are totally separate things and neither of them can be simply “converted” to the other by adding or removing the tickets. They’ll have to cancel your original reservation and re-book you as a room-only reservation at whatever the rate is the day you make the change, which could change your rate.

1 Like

Thanks Nikkipoooo. This sounds familiar to me…I feel like this is why my deposit changed when I cancelled the dining plan. Not sure if I’m in a “package” now though. I feel like no though since my deposit was smaller. Obviously I can call, but with 2 hour wait times, I’m not feeling up to it. I appreciate the replies!

For any Canadians reading, you’re best off direct through Disney with the Canadian resident deal. I think it’s 25% off but I’m not sure it’s always available. Always has been for my end of January-early February trips the last 3 years.

Previous years I searched everywhere and the Canadian resident deal beat everything else. Might be worth getting a fake passport made up to take advantage. But if you’re going to that length you might as well go for a Florida resident pass.

1 Like

Tickets + hotel stay = a package. It used to be called “Magic Your Way” but now is something else but yes if you have both (even without dining) you still have a package. Package options also include tickets + hotel + dining (used to be Magic Your Way with Dining or something similar), and hotel + dining (called a “ticketless package”). Basically hotel plus anything else.

Disney’s discounts for May are not out yet but can be applied to a package when they are. Depending on availability of rooms eligible for discount of course. Usually room rate discounts (reduce price of room rate only) or stay-play-dine (which requires dining plan to qualify but has some overall discount to the total price, the formula of which changes every year) for the May time frame, at least based on historical offers.

2 Likes

Thanks WildernessLodger…super helpful!

1 Like