Park Strategy

Oh. I should add that there are things to do outside of the actual attractions. For example, even if you don’t do the ride in Mission:Space, if you go in through the exit, there are things to do in the Advanced Training Lap. Similarly, for The Seas, there is the aquarium. The “What If” labs in the ImageWorks. KidCot. Etc.

Ok, I’ve avoided looking at Epcot stuff, but now that I’m watching videos, looking at menus and the cost, it looks like Epcot may win over a waterpark day. We still have the hotel pool to swim at. Thanks for the Epcot push @ryan1!

3 Likes

And after you go, if you end the Epcot day going, “What? This was what all the fuss was about? We should have done Blizzard Beach instead!” then it wasn’t me who suggested you do Epcot, but my evil twin brother. Yeah. :wink:

5 Likes

Just so you know, now I’m rearranging my WHOLE vacation.:joy:

Well, in that case, perhaps you should ask @profmatt for help. He’s got lots of experience doing that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My job is done here, then, methinks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From what I read, he is the proverbial resort changer, so yeah, maybe I should ask him. :thinking: @MouseGirl42 :joy: Especially since it may change all back again to my original plan but just adding Epcot instead of doing a resort/water park day.

Yes, your job is done @ryan1 No more suggestions!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

You won’t regret adding Epcot. I have a waterpark day scheduled for oct/nov day but I’m considering ditching it…I’ve been there in December and it is not warm enough for me to get in the hotel pool… of course DD7 would get in during any temps probably!

This is a problem. Often, hotels in southern states don’t heat their pools. But as you approach the winter months, nighttime temps are low enough to cause the water to lose much of the heat, and there isn’t enough warmth in the day to counteract the effect, resulting in cold water.

If pools are heated, it is okay. I’m not sure water parks heat their water. It would be a mighty expensive endeavor to do so.

All of the WDW pools are definitely heated. I’m not sure on the water parks although frankly I’d be mildly surprised if they don’t. If it’s cold, swimming is fine, it is getting out of the water that’s really rough until you can fully dry…

Doing a quick search, I guess they do (this is about Typhoon Lagoon):

“Excluding the snorkeling area, all water is heated to a toasty 75-80 degrees year-round.”

So, I guess water temperature isn’t a concern even in the cooler months.

STOP or I may drop my Epcot plan and go back to Typhoon Lagoon plan! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! I’ll be sure to plan a water park day at home with the kids this summer. I have fun memories of a Disney water park (that is now closed) and Wet and Wild from when I was a child. However, there was no AK or HS and I can’t remember if we did Epcot or not. I did Epcot in my 20’s but I only did “Around the World” :wink:

I’m sure we (including you) would be fine with the water park, well especially the kids, but there’s always the what if…there’s a cold spell. Ah, the joys of planning 6-8 months in advance!

We just re-arranged our whole vacation, but am so happy for it. We added a day so now we get both Epcot &Typhoon Lagoon!

Schedule now looks like this:

Day 1) Arrive
Day 2) MK
Day 3) EP
Day 4) Typhoon Lagoon
Day 5) HS
Day 6) AK
Day 7) MK
Day 8) Depart

The beauty is that the crow calendars are lower on the first two days with this change. I know that really doesn’t matter. I’ll have my TP’s. I’m so happy I subscribed to this group!

2 Likes

Our 8 day trip is exactly the same except switch Blizzard Beach for Typhoon Lagoon!

Although we are now doing DAH on day 7 so I’m swapping out part of the first MK day.

1 Like

Awesome! BB looks fun also. It’s hard to decide, but my vote is TL for now. As it get’s closer I’ll have the kids watch some youtube videos and have them decide since it’s mostly for them anyway. ADR day is less than a week away. Getting pumped!

Also, with the one preview I caught of SDD, I may even not use my FP for it. :thinking: All that park planning and this is the conclusion I’ve come to. So ironic. Definitely need FOP though, that’s no doubt.

Our FP+ day is in 13 days!

We are going w/ BB over TL because the 12yo is anti-thrill ride and will really enjoy the tween area over any slides. I expect he will spend his time split between there, the lazy river, and the wave pool (another reason for BB since the TL one is a little more demanding).

Not surprised.

Basically, Toy Story Land is an attempt to give HS a place for the kids. There haven’t really been any kiddie rides unlike in Dinoland USA at AK. SDD is just a kiddie coaster. But it has a coolness factor of taking you around the Toy Story Land with a VERY MILD launch.