Park reservation system

Hi there,
Wondering if people can help with the park reservation system. Two things: After purchasing tickets, can I book December 2021 or is there a restriction similar to dining etc on how many days out you can book them? My second question, I’m a CDN waiting patiently for restrictions to lift…if I book park reservations and then have to cancel, am I able to cancel the park reservation without forfeiting the park pass for that day?
Thanks!
Carla

You can book right away and you should! And you can book as many days as you have park tickets. And you could cancel without penalty if necessary

4 Likes

I would book the park reservation as soon as you have tickets.

If you have to cancel the trip the tickets will still be good for a later date. You may need to pay the difference if there is a price increase and you will not get a refund if the new date is cheaper.

2 Likes

Just to add my 2 cents,I had to cancel my park reservation last November. I wasn’t able to change the date of my park ticket beyond December 31st, 2020 though. So now i believe i have the value of my purchase price to put towards new tickets but must call guest services to do so.

1 Like

That’s correct. That is exactly what happened to me just the other day when I called to move my reservation. Just note that if your new dates are more expensive that the credit from the unused park tickets goes towards that but you will also have to pay the extra.

If your park pass credit exceeds your new ticket prices the cast member said the difference would be refunded.

Welcome!
Yes, book as soon as you can and you can modify (if there’s availability) or cancel later.
Good luck and happy planning.

Wonderful! Thank you everyone for responding. 2020 was the first year we haven’t been since 2008, and my entire family is eager to plan!

2 Likes

Here’s a question that I bet no one has a crystal ball for yet… If DW runs a modified Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party, what is the best strategy for making park reservations in the week leading up to and including Christmas? What is the latest they would give the party a go ahead?

Stick with the schedule from previous years would be my suggestion.

I have a feeling we’re going to have a rush of announcements over the next couple of months.

1 Like

Do you typically avoid MK on days when the party is or just plan to hop elsewhere by party start time? Having never been during that time of year, do you get ushered out of MK on party night?

Traditionally, I always went to the park on party days, simply bc a lot of other people avoid it. We are not usually late night park people, so the early close wasnt a big loss for us. That might not be the case for many though.

1 Like

I agree with this. I love the park on party days.

Yes, if you don’t have a ticket to the party you will be gently ushered out.

Welcome to the forum Carla!

Thanks. I’ve been in the chat for quite awhile (although don’t post regularly), but I’m new in here! So helpful!!

1 Like

Carla Kane?

Are you from NH??