Park Reservation System thread

Oh crap. We have all different types of tickets… 1 of us has comped PH passes, 1 of us has convention base tix, and 1 of us has a hybrid of convention base tix and comp PH tix.

That’s something we’ll have to see on Monday when it goes live.

It might be that the options are All Day vs After 5pm.

Do they still do the special FL tickets which give entry after 4pm? It could be something to do with the type of ticket perhaps.

1 Like

I know a lot of European guests either get a US sim card when thy come or just take the sim card out and run on the park wifi.

1 Like

No, you have BLuetooth already on your phone. I can’t think of a phone manufactured in the world these days that doesn’t have it.

And there are two forms of Bluetooth. Classic Bluetooth, and Bluetooth Low Energy. Classic Bluetooth is what you use, for example, if you connect your phone to your car, or your phone to earbuds, wireless speakers, etc. Classic Bluetooth you can turn on/off usually in your phone’s settings quite easily.

Low Energy is a different form, and used in different ways. But it draws such little power, which is why a MagicBand can be constantly transmitting over BTLE for two or more years! On a smart phone, just because you turned off Classic Bluetooth doesn’t necessarily mean that BTLE Is turned off.

So, it becomes super easy for a Smartphone to do everything the MagicBand does simply by having the MDE running. But on a Smartphone, unlike with a MagicBand, it can be programmed to send all kinds of data over that BTLE communication. Such as “Unlock door” requests for your room. :slight_smile:

Now, if you need to use your Smart phone but don’t want to use Mobile Data, you can go into your phone itself and turn off Mobile Data as well. Or, if you’re REALLY nervous, you can go in and take out your SIM card! But you would still be able to connect your phone over Wifi if you needed to.

1 Like

Where is this step by step guide?

I need to study this weekend

4 Likes

Sorry, I missed this sentence

Guests who prefer not to purchase a discounted MagicBand will be able to use the My Disney Experience app or a Key to the World card during their visit.

I have a totally different read now.

WDW had a lot of success in the past year or so selling upgraded MB to Resort guests. Demand exceeded supply.

They are just going to be selling MB instead of giving them away for free.

Total Cash Grab.

3 Likes

Our local Six Flags amusement park opens on Monday. Not saying, of course, that Disney’s system will be similar, but for Six Flags we had to make online reservations and pick an entrance time. The choices are in 15 minutes increments beginning at 10am and ending at 2:00pm.

I said that up above. If you are people who go from rope drop to close then this is an issue. Otherwise it has always been the case that everyone there is there for varied amounts of time but still paying (possibly) the same price for the ticket. I’m not sweating it, since we never would stay open to close.

Just have multiple devices open and ready to go. That’s what I will be doing. I am AP and the rest of my family is 10 day hopper people

1 Like

Actually according to their step by step guide, they only differentiate between AP and ticket holders, so i’m probably good.
Heres the link, since you were asking before.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/#drawer-card-createYourParty

1 Like

We are booked July 16 at AKL (which we all know won’t be open then) and I’ve heard nothing from Disney at all. No emails and MDE still shows my reservation same as always. I realize they have a lot of moving parts but the lack of communication is discouraging. Thank god for y’all otherwise I wouldn’t know a thing.

I’m thinking they are probably going to have to have some kind of facial recognition or something in place to avoid abuse of the system.

1 Like

Just chatting with the DVC rental store and they advised guests like me who have already rented points to get a room but been unable to buy tickets will have to wait until June 28th to buy tickets as if I had no room at all.

I had hoped any room reservation linked with MDE would join the June 24 crowd.
So not the news I was hoping for but hey… what can happen in four days right? :worried:

Hi! I would book an onsite stay whatever day that is allowed, hotel with tickets package for all of you. Then hope it stays through changes to resorts and adding tickets or APs. FPP always stayed when resort was changed, or when you linked tickets bought through a reseller, and switched a Disney package to room only.

In relatively cooler weather-like when we went to UOR this last March-DS and I are definitely open to close park goers. In August, though, I’d love the option of open to early afternoon and then returning for even a couple of hours in the evening. Without the FPP system, though, it seems to me that being there at park open before those with later time slots would be the most advantageous for rides. Unless a VQ system is online by the time the parks open in July???:thinking:

Park capacity is capped.

At least for now, it seems like there’s not going to be a need for FPP/touring plan/rope dropping/etc.

That’s what I’m hoping if we still keep our trip as planned-no need for FPP. We are so used to taking full advantage of the FPP system that we never have waited in line. I think in our last three trips the longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes for KRR-and that was with a FP! :joy:. I had decided full steam ahead for the first week of August to experience the low crowds, but now with virus cases in Florida on the rapid increase, I just don’t know. Sigh.

2 Likes

Rumor:
Carlye Wisel is trying to confirm that AP holders without resort reservations will only be able to hold 2 reservations at a time. :open_mouth:
https://twitter.com/carlyewisel/status/1274040271265599488?s=20

We’re DVC members, DH and I have AP’s, MIL has a 6 day base and the 5 kids joining us (two of which are mine) have no tickets. I can buy AP’s for my two now, but not the friends. The DVC CM told me “later this summer”. If “later” is 6/28 that’s so much better than what I was thinking, which was August.

I want to say that the 28th was for people to book reservations and packages for 2021? But maybe someone else can confirm or deny that?