Park rental scooters - new sensors stopping the scooters frequently?

This reminds me of my brother-in-law, who is a truck driver. He said that cars, in their efforts not to get stuck behind a truck, will pull all kinds of dangerous maneuvers pulling ahead of them, etc. As a driver, he gets why people are annoyed, but he also doesn’t understand why anyone would want to risk a potentially fatal crash by cutting him off, etc.

Seems the ECV versus pedestrian situation isn’t all that different!

3 Likes

I still want to put this on my next ECV.
They did it for Lightning
Or maybe something from “Death Race 2000”

3 Likes

Like the batmobile. I had one of those.

On the board walk in Wild Wood NJ they have these tram car and when people get in the way you hear “make way for the tram car please” over and over again. It gets annoying they at one time made shirts that said “make way for the dam car please”

1 Like

I think some of the issue with pedestrians is that a person in an ECV is below your eye-level. That’s not the entire issue. I, certainly, would love it if there was an ECV lane at the parks. I was exhausted from having to be on guard my entire trip in 2017; so much so that I chose to walk with a walker this past Christmas. It was so much easier to make my way through crowds. I’m leaning toward using an ECV in July, though, because the heat is going to wipe me out.

1 Like

This has been an informative and entertaining thread. I just finished 4 days at Disneyland walking w/ a cane. We’ve got a family trip to WDW in 43 days :wink: and was looking at my scooter options, due to cumulative pain this DL trip. I’ve almost been run over by a kid driving a scooter on grandparent lap; there was no way I was in err. I don’t think it wise to allow young kids to drive on adult lap. But I think I’m going to have to get one for my next trip. We rented one for my mother-in-law last year and it was SO nice to have PU at bell services. Thanks for the heads up and a new perspective on future driving techniques LOL> Also, in a related topic. The DAS system is SO much better at WDW then DL. I was in tears trying to find all the kiosks to PU return times.