Park Planning Passes?

When @TheSafetyLady posted that her park reservations and hotel were canceled, I went to check out mine to make sure they were intact for the upcoming trip (you know, paranoia).

I have the correct tickets listed on MDE (8 day PH) as well as my MNSSHP tickets in the MDE app for each of our party of 4. But I also have 2 copies of a Park Planning Pass for 10 days remaining for each of the 4 guests in my party (so total of 8 Park Planning Passes). What the heck are those?

On the MDE app, I have a Disney park pass for each day reserved for 4 guests (the correct number).
But on the MDE website, I have Disney Park Pass for 12 guests on each day --3 for each of the 4 of us. On some days they are listed as example: Disney Park Pass Magic Kingdom 12 Guests and on some days they are listed 4 different times as Disney Park Pass Magic Kingdom 3 guests (where each of these 3 guests are the same person) for each day.

What is happening??

Background–I have a split stay, tickets linked to first hotel. I originally had a package with the same tickets spanning all of the days until my DVC rental came through. I never made park reservations with those tickets though as that was back in 2021 and there was no hurry. That reservation was cancelled long ago and no longer shows in my plans.

I have also changed up two of the park APRs in just the past 2 weeks since my intended MNSSHP date sold out and I had to go with plan B. I absolutely only changed 1 APR/person on each of the 2 days but all 12 are changed for those days.

2 Likes

We need a dislike button. What in the actual hell? Just reading that hurt my brain.

2 Likes

I called Disney IT because for 4 of our 9 park days, MDE shows the 3 of us having a total of 12 passes. The IT person that I spoke to said it was a glitch with the change in the system and that I didn’t need to worry. He said that I could speak with Guest Services when I am there. So, which is it, don’t worry or get Guest Services to take a look?

1 Like

I noticed today that my park reservations for our January trip (I made awhile ago) have each day with 2 individual reservations one for me and one for DH. However, the reservations for our March trip (that I made just today) have each day once with both of our names listed.

Don’t know if it’s related but it was definitely something I noticed.

1 Like

That is slightly reassuring that it has happened to you too. Very weird that it is only 4 of your park days. I am worried to either leave as is or to call and have the incompetent minds of Disney IT mess with anything.

1 Like

When they made a recent-ish change to do with APs I think, the system has now created a park pass for everyone individually for any passes booked before the change. Whereas any booked after it is just created as before - one pass with everyone listed.

That explains @mathhound ’s situation.

But my head hurts trying to understand @momfourmonkeys ’s post! I would call if you can.m

I’m sure it will be related. The only real problem with having the individual ones is that if you want to change them you need to do it for everyone individually. Once my DS is back from his current trip I’m going to go through ours and just rebook them. Just makes it easier to switch later on if necessary.

1 Like

Same! I appreciate your response. Currently all my days have full availability. Wonder if it would work if I just cancel them all and start all over? Otherwise I can call and have them sort it all out.

1 Like

How far away are the dates and what do the days around them look like for availability? If everything around your time looks available, not just one day, I’d say cancel and rebook, one by one. Probably on a computer. If things are iffy on other days I’d call. Pro tip: call right away at 6 or 7 am eastern when they open and you shouldn’t have a long wait.

1 Like

All days, all week (end of Oct) show full availability–so I will try to cancel and rebook and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I think it’s worth a try. I hope it works. 🫰🫰🫰

1 Like

@momfourmonkeys , how did you get on rebooking them?

1 Like

Canceled all reservations. I was able to rebook them all on our 8 day tickets, and we now only have 1 reservation per day, 4 people on the reservation. Success!

I still don’t know what a park planning pass is, but each of us still have 2 of them showing with 10 of 10 reservations available. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same thing in my account! Was originally a 3 day park hopper for 3 people, and now it’s a 10 day Park Planning Pass for 3 people.