Park pass system needs to go

Does anyone else think the Park Pass system is too restrictive on your planning and enjoyment of being at Disney World?
I do.
I think they need to get rid of it.
I know they said it’s here to stay, but maybe if enough people hate it and let them know it would go away.

7 Likes

Your handle “RotR” was created just for this thread? :rofl:

ETA: I see that it wasn’t but it’s still funny that you want to start a ‘fight’ … a resistance to the tyranny of the Disney park pass system :rofl: and your ‘name’ stands for Rise of the Resistance :wink:

3 Likes

Lol

I think everyone agrees, but Disney likes it. Would love to see it gone and hopping resume as normal.

5 Likes

Are parks back to normal capacity or is it still limited?

1 Like

It sure feels like capacity is back to normal.

5 Likes

Considering there isn’t a single filled day on the calendar ahead, I think they are back to full capacity already.

2 Likes

I didn’t even think of that. But I like the concept!

1 Like

Days do fill up as you get closer to the date though and especially around weekends and holiday weekends.

1 Like

This past trip we had 3 unplanned days. I hate that we couldn’t simply wake up and pick a park. And then hop whenever we wanted.

2 Likes

I have to question why you couldn’t if all parks were open.

I understand people feeling like it’s restrictive but if all parks have availability you can just wake up and book a park. Or modify the park you had planned for.

Park Hopping absolutely is impacted by the current system.

6 Likes

oh… good point, but I would like to be able to hop before 2 pm.

5 Likes

It’s hugely restrictive for park hopping. I don’t mind having to book where I plan to start my day, but I would definitely like to be able to switch parks before 2 pm. In the past, we would hit early entry at MK getting in most of the big rides quickly, then hop over to Epcot for a nice lunch and leisurely afternoon. Now the only way to have lunch at Epcot is to start our day there which is not something we want more than once on our trip. It’s incredibly annoying and makes the park hoppers much less useful and enjoyable.

6 Likes

at least they are staying open longer into the evening. Waiting to hop at 2 just to have the park close by 6 was super aggravating!

2 Likes

Haven’t used APR and park hopping restrictions yet. I don’t think we’ll mind the APR part but will find the hopping part restrictive.

For past trips there have been many days that we went to a park early for a few hours then hit another park before 2 and a 3rd park later.

1 Like

What’s even more annoying is that you can’t “modify” an APR. You have to cancel and many a new reservation. I don’t know how/why their IT department can’t make modifying an APR an option.

Any hoping restriction should start at noon, not 2. Or just remove the restriction altogether.

3 Likes

I have a few APRs right now and I had to cancel one of them to choose a new park, but the others all had the option to modify. I don’t know what was different about that one APR?

That’s weird. Because even the instructions specifically say they can’t be modified.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/

I think it was a recent addition to the app, and they just haven’t updated the blurb yet.

Was it the one that you wanted to modify? :wink:

1 Like