Park Hopping with out checking into the first park?

The family and i have been planning for about a week to go to Epcot tonight for the first day of Festival of Arts. Like a fool, I never grabbed a park reservation, and of course today when i check, EP has no availability.

I grabbed a reservation for AK, and my question is do i have to check into AK first or can I go stragiht to EP if we are not arriving till 5 PM?

1 Like

You have to check in to AK first.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Thats what I feared.

2 Likes

I wondered about this on my previous trip. If you show up at the second park, will they really make you go all the way to the first park to tap in or can they help you at the guest relations window at the second park?

I didn’t try, I just changed my park reservation, but seems crazy that they wouldn’t get it sorted for you at the second park.

2 Likes

I’m sure under usual circumstances they probably would. I wouldn’t take a chance on a super busy day though.

2 Likes

I really hate the park reservation system…

6 Likes

Me too. I thought it would be gone by now but maybe it’s here for good.

3 Likes

It must have been on another forum, but a guy reported that in his group, they were hopping to MK for dinner and one of the older girls in the party decided to take a pool day while the rest of the family went to their reserved park. They didn’t think about canceling her park reservation and she was not allowed into MK for dinner because she had not tapped into the first park. They ended up cancelling the dining reservation.

(Incidentally apparently at DisneyLAND for at least Magic Key holders they are not requiring tapping in at the reserved park first - which is totally ironic given that you can literally walk between parks…seems like they could make them go over and tap in, hang for 5 minutes, and then go over to their other park. They do have to wait until 1 to go into the other park though. I’ve been researching DL on another forum since I’m there in 36 days. No reports of day ticket holders being able to do it though.)

2 Likes

What’s Disney’s reasoning behind the must-tap-in-at-reserved-park-before-hopping policy?

2 Likes

Their parks, their rules.

2 Likes

It would make sense except for the 2 pm rule. If you didn’t have to tap-in the reserved park and could hop anytime then the park reservations would be meaningless. So, maybe they’d planned on eliminated the 2pm rule eventually.

3 Likes

Have seen the majority of reports say yes. Have also seen the rare occasion when they will fix it (you have to go to Guest Services) after scolding you to “don’t do this again”

2 Likes

Something to do with counting attendance but I can’t follow the logic

2 Likes

Me neither. Somebody must have a theory….

2 Likes

We ended up switching reservation to HS because it was closer to EP.
We literally tapped in HS and walked out and drove over to EP.

Doesnt make a lot of sense.

2 Likes