Park hopping with 2.5 year olds

Looking for suggestions on the most efficient way of park hopping with our 2.5 year olds. We are staying at YC. 5 day park hopper. Plan to spend AM at one park, back to hotel around 12/1p for nap (fingers crossed) or downtime, then go to a different park at 3/4p for a few hours.

Trying to decide if it’s better to got to go to a park close to hotel for the AM or PM session. Example: best to do EP then MK or MK then Epcot.
Obviously park hours will be considered as well a EMH.

I know we will be sacrificing time by going back to hotel, but we don’t think the kids will nap in stroller and could use a break away for just a bit to recharge. We don’t expect to see everything during our trip, but want to be smart about it logistically to maximize the time we do have.

I’d do a close park for the PM session. Buses I feel are most efficient first thing in the morning. They know everyone is going from a hotel to a park and schedule accordingly (for the most part).

Leaving at park close on a bus is a nightmare. Spend your evenings at Epcot and enjoy your time. Your 2.5 year olds are going to be too short for most rides anyway so just enjoy the evening ambience there.

2 Likes

Very insightful. Thank you!

What you are thinking is how we do it. Epcot area hotels are great for hopping.

We plan what we want to do like a jigsaw puzzle.
We are early risers, so, am emh is an absolute must. Also, dhs emm is an absolute must. After early am, we come back for a break, and then hop to whichever park makes the most sense, keeping in mind that dhs and ep are only a few minutes away. Bonus when am emh is at ep or Hollyweird.