Park Hopping from Hollywood Studios to Epcot (Skyliner?)

We will be traveling in Sept and staying at Coronado and will have a car.
The plan is to drive our car to Hollywood Studios for the opening in the morning, do everything we want to do and then head to Epcot for Food and Wine. Plan on using the Skyliner as we have never been on it.

Questions:
Does this make sense?
How much time will it take?
Can we take the skyliner back to get to our car at the end of the night at Epcot?

Thankful for your thoughts, wisdom and feedback!

3 Likes

Can you have just one person move the car and everyone else take the Skyliner? I think the Skyliner will run back to DHS at the end of the night but if it doesn’t you could still boat or walk. I just would definitely prefer to get right in the car after a long day and not deal with lines for the Skyliner or walk a mile!

3 Likes

I walk when going between studios and epcot - it usually takes me about 20 minutes.

2 Likes

I’ve done what you are talking about on several occasions. If I pay for preferred parking at HS I can park right outside the skyliner. But if you pay for parking one place it’s good at all the parks for the entire day. I’ve also just moved my car too, but I was moving from EC or HS to MK.

2 Likes

Forgot to answer this - mid-day, also about 20 minutes to walk, boat or Skyliner in between. I rode and my DH walked and we were pulling up at almost the exact same time.

2 Likes

I haven’t done the exact route you’re saying but the Skyliner is a fun experience in itself and moves fairly quickly (at least in pre pandemic times it did). We really enjoyed it.

1 Like

EPCOT may be open later than HS so you would just need to know how late the Skyliner runs back to HS.

1 Like

I’m planning to go from HS to Epcot using the skyliner tomorrow. How long it takes will probably vary widely depending on time of the day. Will report back.

1 Like

I like @melcort10 's idea to have someone move the car to the EP lot. I’d hate to rely on using boat or Skyliner, or even walking, to HS late night especially if weather can be iffy. September is still very much prime hurricane season.

1 Like

Awesome! thank you!