Park Hopper Plus

Absolutely. Anytime within the standard 14 days after the first use of your ticket.

Your “Plus” options remain valid even if you’ve used all of your “regular” park admissions, as long as it’s within the window.

1 Like

This person has a different type of ticket - typically sold by MVT or convention planners. It is not the usual Hopper Plus. I am not so certain on that, so I would refer them to their agent for the answer to this question.

Good catch… I’m not familiar with that ticket. I imagine the ordinary rules would apply, but you’re right; best to get a definitive answer from their agent.

Funny, I had exactly the same reaction as you last year when I was looking into it!

All the Disney stuff all of us here know, and there’s always something new to learn.

Thanks @OBNurseNH @MouseGirl42! That was my thought since it’s not full plus pass. I will reach out to my contact at MVT. :slight_smile:

I am new to considering the Park Hopper Plus.

Why would anyone get just waterpark tickets for one day? What is the advantage over getting the park hopper plus? Getting in before 2pm?

With Park Hopper Plus, can it only be used on days you have park tickets? Only after 2pm? Let’s say we are going to Disney 10 nights, 11 days but only have 9 park tickets, how would the park hopper plus work? Does it get you into Typhoon Lagoon too or only Blizzard Beach?

Thank you!

I like this explanation of Park hopper plus tickets:

If you buy a 5 day park hopper plus ticket your get a 5 day park hopper ticket PLUS five entrances to the “plus” (note- not all plus may be open).

If you are at Disney 10 days you could get a shorter ticket and decide to use your water park tickets a few days.

Currently you cannot hop to any park, regardless of ticket, before 2pm.

2 Likes

Some people buy just regular Park Hopper tickets, and wait to buy any water ticket to see how the weather turns out (too cold, too rainy), or their family’s health/interest in going to a water park. Some people just want to spend one day at a water park, not multiple, and the total cost is less.

Since many ppl do a resort day, a plus option could be another choice. Water park partial day. The mini golf b4 4pm sux in FL summer heat unless you when first thing in the morning.

To clarify, you can hop to a water park before 2pm.

2 Likes

Ha! I never think of a water park as a “park”! Thanks for clarifying that for others!

1 Like

I did not know this!!! Hmmm this would save me some money if I do plus instead of volcano bay but I’m staying right next to VB and get early entry. I’ve never done the Disney waterpark, maybe next time!

VB is better than TL and BB. Except the wave pool.

3 Likes

I love VB. I will dish out the extra cash then.

2 Likes

Note that the PH+ is a set price over PH tickets: $21. regardless of the number of days your park tickets are for.

So, if you are already buying PH tickets and you have the slightest chance you might hit a WP, golf etc - upgrading to PH+ is a no brainer IMHO.

A single WP ticket is $70.

Upgrading from PH to PH+ on a, say, 5 day ticket gets you 5 WP days.
That’s $4.20 per visit to go to the water park or play a round of golf.

I guess the extra $21. is kind like fun insurance. :wink:

9 Likes

I did not know this! I assumed it would be extra each day like park hoppers. We have an 8 day trip planned with park hoppers and aren’t sure if we will take a water park day, I think we will upgrade to the PH+.

Are park reservations required for water parks like they are for the other parks?

1 Like

Nope, no reservations needed for water parks.

I didn’t know that PH+ fact either until I started analyzing all of the pricing a few years back when writing my spreadsheet to find the biggest discount for AP bridging. Thought I had a formula wrong until I double checked it.

Is kind of surprising how cheap that step up is! (Don’t tell Disney I said that or it will go away.)

I suppose one still might not do the PH+ if they are not sure about water parks etc until on site - if you didn’t end up doing it, saving $84 for a family of 4 is nice and I’m sure GS can do that upgrade easily if you decided to do it.

But personally, I don’t like spending vacation time at GS if I can at all help it.
I guess, Before I’m on site: Money > Time
Once I’m on site: Time > Money.
:smiley:

5 Likes

A question about park reservation/park hopper + and water parks. I have park reservations for each of the 7 days we’ll be there in August as well as park hopper + tickets.

My question is, if we decide on any day that we are there, to go to a water park INSTEAD of my reserved park, do I need to cancel that park reservation? And if I do, can we still “hop” to any park after 2 pm.

The more I thought about this, the more confused I became :slight_smile:

You don’t need to cancel the park reservation to go to a water park. But if you want to go to a different park at any time that day, you need to either go and tap in to the original park before hopping, or cancel it and book one for the park you are hopping to.

1 Like

Thanks so much for clarifying this. Now it makes sense. I won’t cancel that day’s park reservation since keeping it will leave my options open as much as possible to account for a quick change in plans, such as an unexpected rain shower at the water park :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like