Park Hopper? First trip, two weeks, 10 day ticket

Back in the 90’s we started using park hoppers because Magic Kingdom was closing every night at 6 pm in December. MGM Studios was about the same.

Epcot is our favorite park anyway so we’d open one of the other parks and finish every evening at Epcot.

I don’t recall now, parks must have opened at 9 am. We’d close Epcot at 9 pm, and be ready for a new day at rope drop. We’d swim every afternoon and shop in most stores and still have lots of time. We’d eat three table service meals, stay a week at a Deluxe resort and spend way way less than a value and qs now.

Those were the days.

2 Likes

Count me on both Team No Park Hopper Needed (although we always get them b/c we normally stay in an Epcot area resort & love hitting Epcot in the evenings, but our trips are usually 4-5, 7 days max) and also Team No Way Epcot Is a Half Day Park.

1 Like

Great idea!

If your group is mainly looking for thrill rides, 1/2 day in Epcot is ok. However if you want to explore the WS and soak it all up, two days may still not be enough. I have been to Epcot…maybe 10 days total and still there are things I have never seen or done. And if you do get bored for some reason, you can walk over and explore the Boardwalk area or go for a ride on Skyliner. Odd that they only sell 10 day tickets in the US, don’t the UK folk talk about 14 day tickets with their packages? But really 10 days over 2 weeks should be fantastic and I agree you should be fine without hoppers.

2 Likes

It actually wasn’t a great idea after all. I didn’t realize there’s a 10 day max ticket length. :joy:. But for people with shorter stay plans…

1 Like

I liked your thinking anyway!

1 Like

That is what we did while at Universal a month ago, with some half-days. We got annual passes. And on the Disney trip, we’ll sort of be doing that. Our Universal pass will still be good during our Disney trip. We’ll probably spend a few hours of each rest day at Universal. No planning or purchases required.