Park crowd heatmap

How much stock do people put in these? We’re planning on early entry most days and have dinner plans that will pull us out of parks a few nights. Based on the heat maps I’m afraid this is a terrible mistake and we’re wasting time instead of staying till close and experiencing walk ons.

Is it really that much of a difference?

I’d love to see a heat map. DH and I don’t go anywhere near FL in MK b/c it seems to radiate heat. @DumboRunner and I noticed a temp change from FantasyL to Adventure L too… I thought :wink:

3 Likes

I’m so unsure if you’re joking or if I’m confused.
Heat maps show crowd levels, right? :thinking::laughing:

3 Likes

I think my out-sized personality brought the heat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heat maps are about crowd levels.

You’re not confused LOL

2 Likes

II meant the hourly crowd forecasts. Sorry, I call it a heatmap.

2 Likes

It is a heatmap. That’s fine to call it that :smiley:

5 Likes

The heat maps you are talking about are the TP crowd predictions right? They are fairly accurate and you should get a good sense of waits throughout the day.

It all depends on which park. HS is the best for evening touring as you can see more yellow early and green later. (Thrill data has the hourly data after the fact, not predictions. So this is as accurate as you’re going to get.)

Animal Kingdom may be the next best for late afternoons.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot appear to be more evenly spread out, so not much difference.

2 Likes

Those TP heat map predictions appear exaggerated compared with the actual data.

We’re going end of October and it’s deep red vs light green basically in all parks every day :confused:

I’ve been over planning all of this and wondering if I messed it up. I’m sure it’ll be fine, but I suppose we could shift some stuff around.

I would just worry about HS. The other parks it’s really not a big deal. :grin:

Not literally worry lol. Just consider being there evenings. :wink:

1 Like

Ya, we basically have one night we could move around. We have dinner in Disney springs at 8 pm, wondering if it’s even realistic to shift that to 5:30 and try and go back to HS. We’d have maybe 2 hours? :grimacing:

2 Likes

We’re there the day we fly out, so no evening option. And then the day we arrive and we’d lose our oga’s reservation if we shift that. So feels not worth it.

We have California grill MK fireworks party, harmonious and then dinner plans as our other nights.

1 Like

Probably not worth it

1 Like

Maybe galaxy’s edge at night is more worth it than harmonious. But we have no way of knowing. I guess I’m a few hours we might have some idea :joy:

1 Like

I guess you could cancel your Disney Springs dinner and just eat QS at HS

1 Like

Half this trip is about that birthday dinner from 2020. So I suppose some more hours of lines will have to be the trade off :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ive been gaming lines so much I have to remember it’s not the whole experience. But it’s hard!

3 Likes

Ok when someone says a heat map I think of temperature not crowds. A heat map would reflect crowds too BC more bodies produce more heat.

4 Likes

I understand, but that was hilarious :joy:

You had me fooled too!

3 Likes

Well I’m glad we had a laugh but I’d still like to see a heat map to confirm my experiences :rofl:

3 Likes