Park closures Easter Week?

All of this smells like a really, really bad idea. Can SIL not drive?

1 Like

SIL and MIL do not drive.

It’s all on FIL.

And MIL wonders why he’s so worried… but he will not tell her no (out of love, nothing else… and fortunately my husband learned from him :smiley: :smiley: ).

I hope everything end up safe and sane.

1 Like

Seconding @prestoncaldwell! I hope everyone is safe and you can maintain your sanity!

1 Like

Ouch… so they are paying $100+ for a one day ticket to spend less than 7 hours there and then turn around and drive two more hours to Jacksonville? Holy crap. Well that will ensure they’ll hate Disney and will never return. I can’t even imagine that.

1 Like

Update: I emailed my MIL yesterday afternoon. I couldn’t help myself. I informed her of the potential for phased closures in exceptionally high guest capacity. I told her a reservation would help improve their chances of getting in. I gave her food for thought.

She emailed back - she hadn’t thought of any of this! (CLEARLY!). She was very open to more information and I provided as much as possible. I told her I would help them make whatever plans necessary to get them a good, safe day. She is considering also having an alternative plan for “Downtown Disney” (I updated her on the name so that signage doesn’t confuse them!). My DH suggested perhaps they drive to Jacksonville one day and all three of them (MIL SIL and FIL) take the bus to and from Orlando together so FIL doesn’t have to deal with that, and I passed that suggestion on as well.

I’m feeling hopeful… stay tuned :wink:

3 Likes

I hope they follow through with the suggestions. I can understand why you’re nervous! I would be too.