Park Capacity and Reservations

If park reservations are closed for a given park on a particular day, does that mean that CL is maxed out for that park on that day? Or are the reservations just Disney’s way of spreading out their expected crowd among the four parks? Maybe they just shut down reservations for one park when the disparity in registrations between the highest reserved park and lowest reserved park gets too large? So they can steer people to other parks to keep them all a little more even? Thoughts?

1 Like

IMO the reservation system’s purpose is to spread out demand evenly (to other parks and days) and help Disney plan staffing. It’s not necessarily a fixed capacity like with New Jersey Transit’s app that tells you how full the bus is before you get on and if it’s too full maybe I’ll wait for the next bus.

Personally, I wouldn’t be looking at the reservation calendar as a guide of when to go or not go, instead I would get my reservations in as early as possible to ensure I can get them.

3 Likes

We really do need a dot phrase to answer this question.

Totally a FINE question to ask @ablack721_784788
Just one we get a lot recently

I think @DWJoe has given you good info.

3 Likes

Maybe pin a post about this so it’s easier to see? I dunno. Definitely a popular question.

4 Likes

Good stuff, thanks!

@OBNurseNH , @CharleneTX that might be a good call. I tried searching first but came up empty.

Um, love/hate the EPIC reference here! Unless it wasn’t an EMR reference. In that case, carry on :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Totally not an EMR reference. I’ve used Epic before but we (quite unfortunately) use Cerner :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

But we use dot phrases all the time in the EMR. So there’s that.

4 Likes

Here are some recent topics on the matter:

The consensus is that the park capacity fluctuates due to factors we don’t really know. it’s most likely dynamic to spread demand across parks as mentioned.

So the reservation availability does predict what the crowd level will be on any given date.

It has also been discussed that they possibly raise the capacity and open up more reservations closer to the date. This would explain why even at peak times new availability can show up.

2 Likes

:rofl: Ya, we need SmartPhrases for regularly asked questions.

2 Likes

A dot phrase….clearly your an a epic user :joy::joy::joy:

Cerner uses dot phrases too.
And quick texts

I’ve used both systems. I’m currently and sadly on Cerner

1 Like

That is unfortunate.

1 Like

Yes. My sister works at a hospital in Revenue Management. Hospital went live with a big Cerner update a year ago. The fun hasnt stopped happening . . . :blush:

1 Like

Right?!

1 Like

Our hospital uses Cerner–I don’t like it. I have never used the outpatient version.
Although does a fabulous EMR exist?

The outpatient version stinks because it’s really an inpatient EMR that was “adapted” for outpatient use.

There are many things that drive me nuts. But the thing that drives me the most nuts is that when I refresh it only refreshes literally the page I’m on. So if I go to another page in the patient chart o also have to refresh there. It’s stupid. It’s clunky.

But don’t worry: it’s a known problem. They are working on it.

And no there’s probably not an ideal one but I liked Epic more.

1 Like

That is annoying.
Epic is better but still not amazing.

1 Like

I live fairly close to the Epic headquarters in WI and people I knew in school at UW who ended up working there seem to really love it, and the look of the campus implies the company has done pretty well. Interesting to hear opinions of their systems from the people here who use them.

1 Like

In fairness I haven’t encountered an EMR I loved.

1 Like