Panic about mid day breaks

I find the football hold best in these situations!

4 Likes

My 2.5 yo napped beautifully in the stroller every day. A few times even earlier than planned. He somehow slept through the entire festival of Fantasy parade. They are just so tired from the long days, stimulation and the heat. Even DD 4.5 napped 2 out of 5 days in the stroller.

3 Likes

That would be great.

Always good to expect the unexpected and then realize the unexpected ends up being something you never imagined!

The good news is, the exits to the park (especially MK and AK) do not seem so different from the rest of the park. Rides are hard to see. Part of the advantage of Disney (mostly) preserving site lines so you only see what they want you to see.

And they will be pooped! Good luck!

1 Like

My 2.5 year old did just fine at DLR (5 days in parks and we always returned for naps unless it was a late start day). He slept like a baby after hot, exhausting days (104 heat wave in Oct), The only weird control issue we had was “I” had to drive the stroller, not grandma. And grandma is beloved! Go figure. Kids need something to have control over so give them an important task (find the presses penny machines) etc. Also, be a talking clock ( now we are doing x, next we are doing y, etc)

1 Like

8 years ago my now 10-year old ruined my carefully scripted plan by falling asleep in the car on the way to the condo for our midday break, for about 15 minutes, then no longer being sleepy when we arrived and refusing to nap further. That was the last time I tried that! We bring a good stroller that lies back flat and has a big canopy, and my strategy the rest of that week and for trips since then with his two younger siblings has been to forge ahead and let them crash in the stroller when they are ready. Then someone finds a quiet place to sit with them while they sleep and the rest of the group continues on. Works fine, and I don’t have to try to schedule around a nap that may or may not happen on my schedule. Of course we haven’t gone in the summer when it gets blazing hot, might be a different story if that were the case.

1 Like

Our son was 2 years 2 months when we went and I don’t remember this being an issue. He wasn’t super communicative then like he is now at 2.5 so that may have been part of it. But he was also wiped out. We stayed at the parks about an hour past his usual naptime. I had a lot of snacks for him since I didn’t think he’d eat much of the park food, so maybe snacks/juice box/fruit squeezer in the stroller on the way out for a little distraction?

1 Like

I was worried about this too - less about for naps and more for the touring plan, but the same idea - how am I going to get them to walk past a ride that isn’t next on our plan? They’re not going to go for the “Mommy’s website algorithm says that it’s better to ride that later!” story. But actually it wasn’t a concern, there was so much going on and it was so exciting that they didn’t really seem to care. Plus the combination of stroller buckles plus candy really works wonders.

1 Like

My kids are notorious car nappers. This is why I stayed in the park. We stayed onsite and I was afraid they’d sleep on the bus and then be up. Only way I’d do it if staying on monorail and have them fall asleep.

You could just ride the monorail since you can leave stroller open then go back to the parks.

1 Like

Never thought of that perspective of MK to a kid!

1 Like