Paging Prof Matt V&A Excitement!

Oh my GOODNESS YALL.

So I was able to get V&A reservation for 8/9. (Massive Disney magic) They called me today to confirm, and the gal mentioned that she saw on my reservation notes I would really prefer the chefs table dining experience. She said she didn’t have that for the 9th, but she DID have a cancellation on the 10th for the chefs table.

Considering the cost is only an additional $15…

We are going to the chefs table next Friday!!!

I do not plan to do the wine pairing, as we have plans to go to the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom afterwards.

Eeks! I am SO excited!!! Anyone who has done this before? Any tips? Advice?

I’m also super excited about my outfit. Essentially a ballgown skirt with a blouse and sparkly heels. The Grand Floridian reminds me so much of an epic seaside retreat from the early 1900’s. I feel this dining experience requires equally epic attire. :grin:

10 Likes

I have no advice whatsoever, but just wanted to say congratulations on snagging the reservation! And you must post pictures of that outfit!

5 Likes

I literally just bought a periwinkle ballgown to go to V&A and I was wondering if it were ok. So glad to know I won’t be the only one.

4 Likes

YASSSS. Here’s an incredibly terrible shot of the skirt…I have a different blouse in mind…

Team overdressed for the win!!!

16 Likes

I prefer to consider the other people are under-dressed.

6 Likes

Beautiful! Have a wonderful dinner experience!

2 Likes

That too. LOL.

I used to love the looks on the faces of the moms at my kids’ school in the morning. They would ask me where I was going “all dressed up”. I would slowly turn, smile and say “oh, I’m going home to clean the toilets”.

Never failed to get an epic reaction.

I don’t even own leggings or yoga pants. It’s just not ME. I don’t care that everyone else wears them (although thin leggings should not be worn as pants…but that’s another issue), but I’ve never conformed to anything…so I dress how I like and don’t care what others think. LOL.

4 Likes

I own yoga pants to go to yoga.

But I love being dressed up. It’s more me! I actually dress more casual at work than I do at home. Go figure.

When I get the dress, I’ll let you know!

3 Likes

If I did yoga, I would own them! LOL.

I just love dressing up for special occasions.

3 Likes

Totally heart the skirt. I finally pulled out a dress with crinolines and a full skirt to wear to an event. Paired it with a cardigan and it felt AMAZING. I don’t dress up much - I work in casual, non profit environment - but after that I may just change my mind.

So excited for your V&A reservations too!! You must have had tinkerbell on your shoulder :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes please do this!!!

That is awesome!!! How fun to dress up!

You look wonderful!! I wouldn’t change that blouse. Congratulations on the chef’s table! Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi there!!!

I can’t wait to hear all about your experience!

@profmatt have you seen this request for your help?

Hola amiga! How are you today?

1 Like

I am doing well and I hope that you are too!

Just finished dusting and the kitchen so everything´s looking better today!

1 Like

Thanks! I actually have one that is almost the same but I prefer the collar…and it’s a little more suited to Florida climate! :wink: (I have more clothes than sense…including an entire closet devoted to formal wear…I manage to attend several black tie events every year, plus I help costume a few local theatre groups. LOL)

2 Likes

Hmmm… you’re right. Long sleeve in Orlando may not be comfortable, even though sometimes the air conditioning is fit for Yetis in some restaurants and stores! :grin:

1 Like