Packing

Last trip I brought the over the door shoe holder based on liner suggestion. It was so great for keeping all of the toiletries off the counter. I don’t know how I ever traveled without one!

LL Bean has some great toiletry bags you can hang. DH uses one of those & the kiddos share one. They’re a little pricey, but worth it, very good quality. Personal Organizer Toiletry Bag, Small | Toiletry Bags & Organizers at L.L.Bean

1 Like

I have my own toiletry bag. I travel a lot for work, so it’s nearly always packed. So does my DH. My kids share one right now. It honestly keeps the peace this way, for us.

I’m 38 hrs from liftoff and we are all packed except the last minute stuff (toiletries, etc)!!! Thanks for the help in this thread is week :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I passed a car on my way to FL today that definately needs a packing intervention. Lucky for them, they live in the same state as @luvmuppets

1 Like

Unless those are bodies. Then we should call in @999HappyHaunts

3 Likes

But… There’s only room for 1000!!!

Okay! I’m on it!

1 Like

Broke down and got packing cubes off Amazon and… I LOVE THEM!!!

1 Like

I know, I know! I have a set for each of our four family members and am constantly looking for a reason to buy more!! Even DH who usually thinks I am wacko appreciates how easy they make packing / unpacking and keeping everyone’s stuff in good order, esp when we share a suitcase.

1 Like

I need to hire @LuvMuppets for help! We are doing a surprise reveal the day before our trip for DS7 and DD4 in 10 days. I can’t wait to pack until a day before (it would drive me crazy), but I don’t know how to hide it? We are in a temporary 700 sq ft apartment while our house is being built. Any ideas?

1 Like

We have our surprise trip this month. I don’t have a huge house but a bit more than an apartment. I’ve been stashing stuff in my closet and in a suitcase in the basement. I plan to start a tote where everything will be consolidated and organized until I put it in the suitcase night before.

@Iheartepcot I would normally do all of this in the basement, but no such luck right now. We have a tote that I started a few months back so I wouldn’t misplace stuff in the move (like I did with DS’s Wii :blush:) I just want to figure out how much room/weight I have to pack breakfast food!

Get packing cubes. Fill them. Hide them in bottom of hamper. Trust me, no one ever looks there!

4 Likes

One thing I can’t go away without is my luggage scale. This may be because I have a small shopping problem… :blush: have to avoid those excess liuggage fees!

Yep, totally in love with my ebags hand held luggage scale!

1 Like