Packing tips needed

Yes I’m dropping off the car before the cruise but am getting another one after. Last time I got the last car seat available from the car rental agency after my cruise… Don’t want to risk that. DD6 is in a regular car seat here, Florida doesn’t require one (she is very tiny though so I’m uncomfortable going without). 2 of my excursions are not through DCL. I prefer a more “authentic” experience when possible. I’m not concerned as long as I bring the proper safety gear. I think you are rightabout the stroller, the sit stand is too heavy and not practical for the cruise at all. I also baby wear (not sure about in the florida heat though!) so they can trade the one stroller if need be.

Final thoughts: Contact DCL and see if the have some sort of storage you could use for the car seats while you are on the cruise - you never know. Also, check with some other excursion operators to see if they have safety equipment for toddlers - my concern is that if they do not have the right equipment, they probably are not prepared to deal with toddlers in the first place. We did several different snorkeling excursions in Hawaii, and one of them was definitely NOT for toddlers.

Thanks for all the tips, I’ve got my ppacking cubes started already! I will contact DCL about storage and I just remembered one car seat folds so it should fit under the bed. I agree that it’s odd to allow toddlers on an excursion and not have appropriate safety gear. However, many other countries don’t seem to be very safety conscious unfortunately. @brklinck Just curious as to what part of your snorkelling tour in Hawaii was not for toddlers (maybe there’s something I haven’t considered)? Other than the obvious fact that toddlers don’t snorkel lol.

1 Like

One tour was on a large boat, so there was ample safe space to have a toddler on board. The water was quite deep so your couldn’t stand, but in theory one parent could stay on board with the toddler while the other dove. That being said, I do not recall seeing any kids younger than about 8 on this tour. The other tour was on a “Zodiac” style boat and went at high speed from one area to another - you had to hang on for your own life, so dealing with a toddler would not have been possible!

Oh my! That would definitely not be good. I’m pretty sure mine is a slow moving catamaran but will double check for sure.

I heart Rick Steve.

With or without kids we put snacks coffee etc…in one suitcase and when it was empty we used it for the gifts we bought for our flight back home.We use Southwest airlines