Overlooked items to pack

Does anyone have any good recommendations as to overlooked items to pack. Most sites will tell you ponchos and ziplock bags but what are other useful things that you don’t realize you need until you get there.

Ex. I’m looking for a Mophie charging case to take down with me.

1 Like

If you wear a watch, make sure the battery is good. My watch battery died on one of our trips, and I couldn’t find a watch battery anywhere in WDW. I had to buy a new watch :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Also, electronic wipes. Your phones can get pretty grimy from constant use and contact with sweat and sunscreen. Of course hand sanitizer. If you like to hang your clothes, pack some plastic hangers. There are never enough in the resorts. If you are going in the summer, cooling towels (frogg toggs) are helpful. When we go in June, we each have a mini battery-operated fan that sprays water. You would not believe how helpful they are to keep cool!

2 Likes

You can have mine! I bought one specially for the trip and didn’t use it once.

1 Like

You can request more from Housekeeping. We do this every time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you see this thread?

2 Likes

I do not work for Target or get anything from them. I’m simply using them for examples as I am a frequent shopper there

We take something like this (https://www.target.com/p/6-shelf-hanging-closet-organizer-gray-birch-threshold-153/-/A-15022270) for each person in our room, which will be 4 people. This allows everyone to have their own place to have their clothes. There is never enough room in the drawers in the room for clothes, so we use this option for our clothes and use the drawers for food/snacks.

We also take something like this (https://www.target.com/p/hanging-closet-shoe-organizer-blue-room-essentials-153/-/A-52675514?preselect=52002725#lnk=sametab) to hang on the bathroom door to store all of our toiletries since the bathroom counter tops are small and with a family of 4, we just flat out run out of room. We also take a designated laundry basket (or a mesh bag) to throw our dirty clothes in. The kids like to take clothes off and throw them all over the room, so when we have a designated spot, dirty clothes go there.

We also take at least 2 pairs of tennis shoes each so that if one pair starts rubbing or hurting, we can switch to another pair. We also have a pair or flip flops for wearing in/around the room and resort…lets our feet breathe for a bit.

We all got water bottles like this to take to the parks each day (https://www.target.com/p/s-ip-by-s-well-174-15oz-stainless-steel-insulated-water-bottle-teal-tiny-triangles/-/A-52042788). Since they are double insulated, we will fill them up with ice @ the resort and then utilize free ice water throughout the days at the parks. I found them on the clearance racks at Target for cheap.

This trip, all of the kids will be carrying their own backpacks. I got them all one of these due to the lightweight material, but yet sturdy design. They had lots of colors to choose from, so each kid got to pick their own color choice. They are lightweight but yet sturdy. They can fold up small for traveling, but unfold to a decent size bag. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IJOD7YY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). I’m tired of being the packrat with the huge backpack from carrying everyone’s stuff. We will be going in March, so we are taking lightweight jackets as it can get cool in the early AM/PM, on the shuttle busses, and in some of the indoor resorts. So each kid will have their light jackets; a poncho; their water bottles; and whatever snacks they may want to carry with them.

We will also have a small first aid kit because, well kids. And hand sanitizer of course. We will also have baby wipes and clorox wipes as well. You can’t ever be too germ prepared!!! I’ll have some kind of mint or candy to have on hand again because kids. Someone always wants something.

Hopefully my rambling somehow helped you or someone else. I’m an incredibly anal person who is also so incredibly organized. My brain just works that way I suppose.

Have a MAGICAL time!!!

1 Like

I’ve never used these before but for $2.99 they’re worth a try.

Bitbelt Disney Magic band- 2 pack 90 day warranty. We invented the “fitbit clasp fix”. (Pink) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LBKENWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_sQFHAbF3AAFG2

I drained my battery by 2:30 my last time there…I also managed 14 fast passes that day

1 Like

We have these and use them as well. They are great because it is easy to pop the magic bands with digging in pockets, bags, and getting on/off rides. I got a multipack of one of each color bitbelt for like $12

A power strip! There never seems to be enough space to charge everything! I got one with two USB ports as well and it has been life changing. This could just be my group though. With the number of phones, tablets, camera and gopro batteries, extra batteries, and power packs things fill up fast!

A great hack is keep your phones in a sandwich size clear baggies. 1…It will keep clean and 2… I will not get wet on water rides plus you can touch the screen with no problem. Give it a try!

We also use the BitBelts with much success, though my son did manage to flush his Magic Band at AK… got a lot of laughs when I went to the front desk to get a replacement!

If you swim, bring some clothespins for the laundry line in the bathroom.