Over lap times for booking multiple ADR

If you mean the right-click to bypass the doublebooking thing…there are also legit reasons for using this technique. If you have a larger group sometimes you can’t get a reservation for all of you at once. This trick allows you to book multiple groups for the same restaurant at the same time. Or even half the group at one restaurant and the other half at another. Of course it’s possible to get a second MDE account, but for sometimes it easier to just have one account and one person in charge.

I’m not saying I haven’t used this trick for illegitimate purposes (I’ve already admitted to my ADR hoarding), just pointing out that not everyone using it is doing so to game the system.

I think that can be party size dependent. For 4 or less, sure, but above that, it is just not as easy.

And see, this is something I wouldn’t do. I wouldn’t want to take that space from someone that had paid to be at that resort (as an overnight guest, not just for a meal).

This one doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me either.

Or this one.

Our minds all work differently in the arena of ethics. So many factors go into what we think is right and wrong. Even the “obvious” ones can get fuzzy (ie - killing someone generally not ok, but if my child’s life was threatened, I would probably be ok with killing the one out to harm them). We are all products of our environments. In fact, this is an area of tension for my husband and I at times. We were brought up VERY differently and there are things that he thinks are ok that I think are downright wrong. Interesting topic.

3 Likes

This is the essence of a Torts law class. You can start with two positions on a particular issue, one that everyone pretty much agrees with, and one that everyone pretty much disagrees with. You then take the one that everyone agrees with and say “but what if” and you can often step your way to having almost everyone agree with the position they previously agreed with. By “slicing the bologna” like this you quickly find out that there really isn’t a “line” with most issues.

3 Likes

My thoughts too. I don’t have any guilt. I will drop my duplicates tomorrow after booking my FPPs.

2 Likes

I tried to have a conversation with my coworkers about the ethics of overlapping ADRs and leading reservations. The conversation failed asthey boggled at the complication of the whole process. Utterly bemused. All of them.

2 Likes

I kinda agree. Way, way too complicated. If you want the advantage of the earlier FPP reservations…then pay for if (through a room res etc). Lots of people pay for throw away rooms for sole purpose of the benefits. You are gaming system otherwise.

1 Like

I was able to get 3 reservations within 5 minutes of each other in order to accommodate my party of 5 at BOG for breakfast. They are all linked to me as the main person. Is this going to be a problem when arriving for the reservation?

It shouldn’t be a problem. We did this very thing no problem.

1 Like