Out of the Loop - POR & POFQ

Hey folks! I have been out of the loop from the Disney World as we are building a home and have no extra money for trips to the World. A girl likes to dream though! Any word on Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter reopen dates? Love those two resorts!

2 Likes

No word yet. I would expect them to announce something this summer with dates as early as the fall. But if not it could be 2022.

This article speculates that POFQ will open first (possibly in time for the 50th in October) since it has fewer rooms than POR.

2 Likes

Long time no see! I am also waiting patiently for my beloved FQ to open.

1 Like

I hope the new home building is going well!

1 Like

Me I prefer Riverside but have never stayed at French Quarter.

You’re missing out!

There was some hubbub recently because TripAdvisor had an opening date of 7/31/2021 on its website for POR, but didn’t something similar happen last year during the closure for resorts that ultimately didn’t open until much later? I think it’s probably just a placeholder, but I am holding out hope that one of them will be open before the 50th. I’m getting really sick of staying at the other moderates.

3 Likes

I have missed you and the Touring Plans banter!

1 Like

It is a red hot mess! We have been under contract for over three months and currently just have a lot of dirt and no real indication of when they may break ground or complete the home. Basic home building supplies cost so much right now (or so we are told) and part of me wonders if the delay is a) normal, b) a result of an inability to get supplies, or c) a delay tactic to wait to see if prices drop. I feel so stressed all the time!

3 Likes

I agree with @missoverexcited. French Quarter is great and one of my favorite places to stay. We can only stay there when traveling with grandparents, as we have three kids and room size maxes out at four. When grandparents come, we can farm a kid or two out to their room.

1 Like

Sorry it is so stressful! I can’t even imagine.

It is so funny, so many home projects are delayed in my area but my contractor neighbor’s new addition is almost complete :grinning:

1 Like

I am going to try it when it reopens. Loved their Benetts. in their quick service restaurant.

2 Likes

They are so delicious!

1 Like

I know I spelled them wrong as their is very little French in me. Bought the 6 pack with the chocolate syrup. :wink:

2 Likes

I knew what you meant! Now I’m craving them.

1 Like

My in-laws love the beignet sundae!

1 Like